ROTJ Vader light saber

Re: ROTJ Vader light saber, NEW PICS see last post!

damn, guess i gotta do some work on mine now

I definitely think there's SOMETHING else under there, can anyone look at their exactra guts?

Here are guts from my Exactra 20:

Exactra20BubbleCircuit.jpg

Thanks Wackychimp for hosting, and thanks again to d3po2u!

Dave

After tearing my Exactra 20 apart, I beleive its VERY possible that there is something under the bubble strip. The circuit card is VERy thin. Look at the VERy first pictur einthis thread, and it looks like there is something under the the strip.

Last edited:

Oh man, I think that's gotta be it. I could've sworn I was seeing a line running lengthwise down the bubbles, and now I can see at least two lines. Just look at this pic.

DSCN0237.jpg

I think that detail's been nailed. I can't believe they just threw that "underneath" part in there and didn't even bother to separate it from the bubbles. Nuts, man. Crazy. But it's right there, plain as day. At least to me it is.

Last edited:

We seriously need someone to find the correct wires for us.
I'm surprised that they haven't been nailed down yet.

True that is, holmes.

I'm just too excited by the circuit card dealy.

GINO, I think it's just that so many wires are out there. I mean I found MY blue/whites from some OLD speaker wire my pops had, and none of the wire I've seen lately is nearly as colorful. Of course that makes sense. The wire we're looking for is old. But it could literally be anything. I hope as well that it can be found, though.

EDIT: And thanks dcarty and Darth Detroit for the pics of your guts! :lol

Last edited:

No prob. With the angle inthat pic, I'm convinved there is a circuit card under the bubbles. The LED's line up to the yellow lines of the cars, under each bubble.

Proof is in the pudding my friend!

Last edited:

As an electrician, I work with different types and sizes of wire. And also different colors. What I have noticed is that depending on the manufacturer, you may get a light blue, or a deep blue or a dark blue (almost black) but they are all considered "blue". The same is true for the other colors. The most common colors (in the US) are black, red, blue, white, green, brown, orange, yellow, grey. And these look like they are probably (size) #12 or #10, but again, that's in the US. I am not familiar enough with the European wire colors, but I bet it's the same type of deal. So it will likely be just hit and miss finding the correct color.

If anyone finds similar colored wires and offers kits, I am totally in!

Comparing the 2 pics...the one you posted and the saber itself I am convinced that the strip is indeed under the bubbles...

However...

What treatment do the bubbles have?
They aren't clear. So Im wondering if that's due to age or was the bubble strip sanded to fog it? Or is it glued to the strip below?

Any ideas?

No prob. With the angle inthat pic, I'm convinved there is a circuit card under the bubbles. The LED's line up to the yellow lines of the cars, under each bubble.

Proof is in the pudding my friend!

God point Sporak it may be glue under there. Does anyone know what happens to the lenses if they get bumped and cracked - do they fog or refract the light?

You can be certain that this prop had it's fair share of being dropped.

It looks like the bubbles are glued, judging by the amount of hazing, possibly something like Elmers Glue, to minimise hazing. If they were sanded down you wouldnt be able to see through them. You would see a bunch of sanding scratches in them, which you dont see in the pictures. If you look closly, the strip UNDER the bubbles isnt the same width as the bubbles strip. I would have to say the LED strip was glued to the underside of the bubble strip. 2 cents

I dont think it was epoxied. It would have yellowed at lot more than what it shows, even it was glued recently. Judging thatyou can still see the LED's inthe bubbles, I would have to say that it was glued on the edges.

Could be super glue.

Believe it or not, I repair the lightsabers at the Jedi show at Disneyland and the bubble strip on the Vader FX sabers are 2 pieces - clear plastic bubbles with a mirrored backing. Well, those tend to separate and I've had to glue them back together with super glue and it does fog up the bubbles like that.

I'm not saying that's what happened for sure on the screen used saber but it does look like it to me.

I've never had a real bubble strip - how thin are they? I'm assuming from the pics I see here that they included the back circuit board thingy because the bubble strip itself was too thin to be held by the clamp, yes? Also, are the two piece attached inside the calculator? Or does the bubble strip come off freely once the casing is opened?

From what I have been able to figure out, the bubble strip fits better in an MPP clamp than a Graflex, so its safe to say it was easier to fit the circuit card and bubble strip in the clamp for Vaders Saber.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back