Limited Run Rose's Resistance Alliance ring - Star Wars The Last Jedi - NOW SHIPPING B!

Rose's Alliance ring - Star Wars The Last Jedi - Functioning prototype inside!

Very interested in a metal one, sign me up please!

Re: Rose's Alliance ring - Star Wars The Last Jedi - Functioning prototype inside!

Interested in a metal ring also.

Re: Rose's Alliance ring - Star Wars The Last Jedi - Functioning prototype inside!

Some feedback based on the gifs in the first post, the layer you have on top of the iris looks a bit too thick? It almost looks like that should be a very thin layer with cutouts where you see the 5 dots on the actual iris face itself.

Please add me to interest list for metal.

Some feedback based on the gifs in the first post, the layer you have on top of the iris looks a bit too thick? It almost looks like that should be a very thin layer with cutouts where you see the 5 dots on the actual iris face itself.

Please add me to interest list for metal.

Yes I agree. The 3d print used in the prototype was done on the FDM machine and it's not as high detailed. I also made some modeling choices knowing I'd be printing it on the FDM machine which means the geometry has to be wrong in order to trick the machine to get it to print.

Tomorrow I'm picking up some other nice nylon plastic prints out here in SF for prototyping purposes. It's not going to be perfect either but will be the right size to incorporate the newishly found larger iris. I'm sure I'll tweak it a few more times before metal production.

Last edited:

I’d also like added to the list for metal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interested in a metal one....

I would also like to be added to the (metal) interest list.

Excited to share the second generation design prototype, functioning and better appearance! This is with the correct style aperture, and a high resolution 3D print. The plastic logo is now the right colors, and has been scaled up tot he right size. The ring model shows better detail too, (but still needs some tweaking on the proportions and thicknesses of the details as Kylash pointed out) and we're basically there. It's a lot of work to get this together, and to get it together right and looking good. The ring show here is how it'll look as the plastic version.

4d3ff3226d883de50c709362a0888af6.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

I’m speechless... seriously

I really want one of these

Absolutely amazing... very very cool must have prop :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back