Limited Run Rose's Resistance Alliance ring - Star Wars The Last Jedi - NOW SHIPPING B!

Re: Rose's Alliance ring - Star Wars The Last Jedi - Functioning prototype inside!

Put me down as well as interested! Nice photo
Edit: Interested in a metal version please and thank you :)

Last edited:
Re: Rose's Alliance ring - Star Wars The Last Jedi - Functioning prototype inside!

Do you guys prefer plastic for cheaper or metal more expensive?

I'd like metal. Even brass plated 3D Printed metal from Shapeways.

oh man they charge way too much for their cast metal stuff. The only way is to make one, and then make molds and cast copies. There's two metal types the do... 3d printed steel/bronze which is then plated or 3d printed wax which is then cast in metal. Doing one that way is alrgiht but if you need many you must make a mold and make copies instead of 3d printing the wax each time. They charge a fortune and I'd never be able to make them for y'all if I did it that way.

Metal...

How will the ring size work?? is the plan for one band size or multiple band sizes if people want to wear?

Metal...

How will the ring size work?? is the plan for one band size or multiple band sizes if people want to wear?

Typically in the past when I've done metal rings I've either done every ring size which is a pain but if there's demand then it works out (twin peaks, green lantern, dune, lost, spaceballs schwartz etc), or just a few sizes like I did with the metal doctor strange rings, "small" "medium" "large" type. It's very expensive to do multiple sizes in metal if only a few people are ordering.

Typically in the past when I've done metal rings I've either done every ring size which is a pain but if there's demand then it works out (twin peaks, green lantern, dune, lost, spaceballs schwartz etc), or just a few sizes like I did with the metal doctor strange rings, "small" "medium" "large" type. It's very expensive to do multiple sizes in metal if only a few people are ordering.

Cool that all makes sense based on costs...

I’m not really worried about ring size. I’m not going to wear it, this sucker will go on a the shelf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Functioning prototype! Super excited for this. I'll still do the run here, but if you want you can add your email to this list/form which I also posted on facebook:
If you'd like to get on the interest list, please head here and fill in your email: http://bit.ly/2Djty4G

This is from my desktop FDM machine. which is good enough for a prototype but when I make these for real, in plastic they'll be done on a high end machine. Also, when I make them in metal, they'll be cast solid metal. Probably gold plated steel, or gold plated pewter.

c7adb72581141d0d461fc03eb041c726.gif
4cb6d8b5a13c434a9dcec06a8a32ae5e.gif
53bd54ed71ba5ccac2406f9769203505.gif

View attachment c7adb72581141d0d461fc03eb041c726.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

I am interested in metal or metal like.

Put myself on the interest list. Looks fantastic, man.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Interested​

Last edited by a moderator:

Not to be greedy but I’ll take two in metal if I may ?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back