Rogue One: Personal Identifier Transponder

Sni9er

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Guys was recently asked to make Cassian's Personal Identifier Transponder and wanted to share my Results with you guys!

Original Refrence :
GeI0GWUl.jpg

I Modeled the Part in Solidworks it was a fun part to design, after I Overlaid my mesh onto a more flat aspect Reference Image:
ZKp6bWal.jpg

A Render Before Printing, I intend to Use 9mm Brass Rod for the two Studs Shown as on the reference they certainly look brass on the side aspect, and much easier than painting plastic to look like brass!

Fg5G1Ajl.jpg

I Then Printed the Part in SLA with my Form 2 Printer
vBiYRwdl.jpg

4lx6xVAl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GcOEAgPl.jpg/img]

the prints are often so clean no further work is required but i always like to put some small effort in to get as an immaculate finish as possible, the next step was to mount it on a base board so it fits in the coat slot, I had a friend with one of the Mangalini (spelling ??) print out a paper 1:1 top down view and check the fit
[ATTACH=full]1467945[/ATTACH]

Ready to Mold, I kept the bearing (top right part) separate to maintain the detail on the connection with the Knurled part
[ATTACH=full]1467946[/ATTACH]
the Moment of truth!
[ATTACH=full]1467947[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]1467948[/ATTACH]

the mold came out great, I cut out some of the 9mm Bar Brass Studs from some stock i purchased and made my first pull dusted with aluminium (Cold Cast)
[ATTACH=full]1467949[/ATTACH]

After some Gluing, weathering & Sealing i'm happy to call this part done!
[ATTACH=full]1467950[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]1467951[/ATTACH]

I have the molds if anyone is interested in a pull drop me a line on my FB page (in my footer)

Thanks for your time!

Love & Metal

Luke

This is the best version of the transponder I've seen! So good that I had to order one for my Magnoli jacket.

Any plans on doing the Jyn Erso version?

Wow, that looks really nice!
It looks perfect!!! Great work...
That is brilliant.
Man, that's nice :thumbsup

Gorgeous work on the details and finished paint job

These look great!

Thank you all for the Kind words !! means a whole bunch to me!! also, thank's Indy your work is Fantastic, so it's a high praise from you!

This is the best version of the transponder I've seen! So good that I had to order one for my Magnoli jacket.

Any plans on doing the Jyn Erso version?

Thank you so much for your Complements!! I am indeed intending to work on Jyn's Version also

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back