Rodger Young

trooperprop

Hello,

Recently I did hear that there are model kits of the Rodger Young that are casted from either a original OR the Icons version.
Does anyone here know were I migt find one of those? I have given up hope to find a decent priced Icons version or screen used :confused

Any detailed information about any kit is vey welcome. I plan (one day) the get on cast of a original and use that to make my own larger scale rodger young. Love the design of that ship ........and any other ship from Starship Troopers ...........and also the design of Dina meyer.... :lol

Anyone here has any comment about the HOTO or monsters in motion versions.
I hear bad things about those but to me they look ok. Still nothing can beat on that is casted from something original.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

BasD

OK...you build the Rodger Young starship maquette and I will keep myself busy with Dina....it seems to be a good deal :thumbsup

You want the one from Federation Models, produced by the folks up in Canada. I have this and an assembled maquette which was made by Dymerski back when the film first came out. The kit is rough but this kit is the better of the two that are out there. But none can compare to my one-of-a-kind maquette. It even has brass photo-etched details along with a professional paint job. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(star-art @ Jun 22 2006, 12:26 AM) [snapback]1265474[/snapback]</div>
You want the one from Federation Models, produced by the folks up in Canada. I have this and an assembled maquette which was made by Dymerski back when the film first came out. The kit is rough but this kit is the better of the two that are out there. But none can compare to my one-of-a-kind maquette. It even has brass photo-etched details along with a professional paint job. :)
[/b]

Hello,
That sounds great.. Would you be willing to share some photo's of them?
You made me very curius :rolleyes
I found the federation model on thier site but it is out of stock. :confused

If someone can show me the MiM build up please show me some pics.

Thanks and greetings from the Netherlands,

BasD

You mean drag the maquette out of its display case to take some really bad photos with my horrible, crappy digital camera??? ;) Well, no promises but I'll see what I can do. My kit is packed away in a box and so there is not much to see there. But there was a nice review of both versions of this kit over at StarshipModeler. Check it out. :)

The Icons "version" of the Roger Young was cast from an original, I was there when it was brough into the Display room and everyone got to take a look at it. It was a really nice Model..

<div class='quotetop'>(trooperprop @ Jun 21 2006, 03:38 AM) [snapback]1265017[/snapback]</div>
Hello,

Recently I did hear that there are model kits of the Rodger Young that are casted from either a original OR the Icons version.
Does anyone here know were I migt find one of those? I have given up hope to find a decent priced Icons version or screen used :confused

Any detailed information about any kit is vey welcome. I plan (one day) the get on cast of a original and use that to make my own larger scale rodger young. Love the design of that ship ........and any other ship from Starship Troopers ...........and also the design of Dina meyer.... :lol

Anyone here has any comment about the HOTO or monsters in motion versions.
I hear bad things about those but to me they look ok. Still nothing can beat on that is casted from something original.

BasD
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(star-art @ Jun 22 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]1265968[/snapback]</div>
You mean drag the maquette out of its display case to take some really bad photos with my horrible, crappy digital camera??? ;) Well, no promises but I'll see what I can do. My kit is packed away in a box and so there is not much to see there. But there was a nice review of both versions of this kit over at StarshipModeler. Check it out. :)
[/b]

I checked the review. Can you tell me if the federation one is also cast from a original?
And please drag out that camera of yours. :thumbsup

In return I present this wonderfull image for all of us to enjoin :rolleyes

BasD

SST-Dizzy6.jpg

Here you go. IIRC, the Fed Models offering is the kit by Erasmus Designs in Canada which, I believe, was cast from an ICONS piece. The model I have was cast directly from the maquettes created for the production itself back in 1997 (so I'm told) and so is probably of the same lineage and number of generations removed from the original as the ICONS piece.

I was also lucky enough to acquire an Athena and a medium-size TAC fighter. I love them.. :D

<div class='quotetop'>(Samos 3 @ Jun 24 2006, 12:37 AM) [snapback]1266990[/snapback]</div>
Nice collection Charles. BTW... Do you or anyone else seeing this have some pics of the Athena filming model?
[/b]

Hello Everybody...
Thank you all for responding to my call.
I see a lot of new images and info.

Charles thank you for pointing us to all those wonderfull images at the starship builders site...

It looks like I have to find one of the erasmus models of the Rodger young soon :thumbsup

I have one sheet of images from the Athena filming model. As soon as I scaned it I post it here.

BasD

Hi,
This is the image I have from the Athena.
It was sold about one year after the movie and long before
the MiM version. The ebay seller said he worked on the movie and
that this ship was made during production. I believe it sold for $600,-

kathena.gif

kathena1.gif

hope this helps,

Greetings,

BasD

<div class='quotetop'>(trooperprop @ Jun 24 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]1267211[/snapback]</div>
Hi,
This is the image I have from the Athena.
It was sold about one year after the movie and long before
the MiM version. The ebay seller said he worked on the movie and
that this ship was made during production. I believe it sold for $600,-

kathena.gif

kathena1.gif

hope this helps,

Greetings,

BasD
[/b]

I am 99.9% sure that the one that sold on Ebay was not the studio scale one. I have some pictures of it somewhere when I was up at MassIllusions. Its was was pretty big. No where near as small as the maquette version.
Steve

Just wondering, is there any reason that no detailed pics of the large Athena studio model have been made available? Is it due to lack of interest? This looks like beautifully-detailed model. It's a shame it has become such an obscure subject. . . :(

Does anyone have a photo survey of this model?

I am 99.9% sure that the one that sold on Ebay was not the studio scale one. I have some pictures of it somewhere when I was up at MassIllusions. Its was was pretty big. No where near as small as the maquette version.
Steve
[/quote]

Hello Steve,

Would you perhapes willing to show those photos?? :rolleyes
I always love to see something new about Starship troopers.

Perhapes the small was a study model? Or is it the same as the MiM, perhapes they used it to make a mold?

Thank you

BasD

ps Do you still have the making of cd-rom I asked you about or did you mean the cd :lol

Hello,

I am wondering does anybody here has the ICONS version of the
rodger young? I would love to see some good pictures of it.
I am planning to buy the federation models version and want to see if
it is accurate.

Any help would be very welcome.

BasD

Hi Just recieved this from Federation models :D
It great and very well made. Cannot wait to start building this model.
All colored part so look great out of the box. One part needs attention rest is trouble free :thumbsup :thumbsup

Check out federationmodels.com Great service.

This Rodeg young is molded of a studio made says the instructions. I compared it
with the Icons version closly and there are small differendces. Do not think they used this size model on screen but I love it. Would love to talk with the producer.
18'' long

P7270001.jpg

Greetings,

BasD

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back