Roddenberry Prop Announcements at Star Trek Las Vegas 2014

Vidman I am curious here. What does a Stapleton/GMProp XI Science Tricorder cost?

Total cost for Myrons tric kit was $85 , and the electronics from Gerry was $125 totaling $210 but that was 7 years ago, now its like $240 so not much more.

Both are members here on the RPF. GMprops and Stapleton13.

Propdept, I have seen your work on youtube, you are Sportly , YES ?

They sell them as kits. Pm them for current pricing. I know for the electronics gmprop gets the boards in batches and builds them by hand. right now he has markvii and phaser ones up on eBay.

Can someone post an unpackaging, or a video with the ratchet.... i need something positive to see (and still hope for while waiting) with all this negativity going around....

So is anybody going to show a full unboxing and function video :confused ?

Or did I kill this thread, if I have I apologize :angel

I see that the tric is in stock now at bbts. Did anyone ever pick up theBat'leh? I was curious as to how it turned out. I tried looking for a thread on it but couldn't find one.

Nobody was brave enough to pull the trigger on the Bat'leth yet I guess.

Made in china says it all for some

I see that the tric is in stock now at bbts. Did anyone ever pick up theBat'leh? I was curious as to how it turned out. I tried looking for a thread on it but couldn't find one.

Well I was gonna do an "Unboxing Video". But I think you have all guessed that it BLEW UP IN MY FACE! I still have the footage, maybe I will do a Trek Behind The Magic Blooper Reel, and that footage will make it in. But for now, I am sorry.

Also wondered what others thought about the "army surplus" clips on the rod tric holster. Seems a little too strange to me when you sell a ~$500 item people are fanatical about and then have to include a note about how a certain part may not be perfect because it's kind of used.

Also wondered what others thought about the "army surplus" clips on the rod tric holster. Seems a little too strange to me when you sell a ~$500 item people are fanatical about and then have to include a note about how a certain part may not be perfect because it's kind of used.

The ALICE clips are what was used in the show. All 3 of the repros from MR , EFX and now the Rod trics all have the same belt retention system.

Hope that clears that up ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Well I was gonna do an "Unboxing Video". But I think you have all guessed that it BLEW UP IN MY FACE! I still have the footage, maybe I will do a Trek Behind The Magic Blooper Reel, and that footage will make it in. But for now, I am sorry.

Come on Len , show us the vid :p

Vidman, post what? A video of me unboxing a prop and then we get to the tricorder I open it, works fine and then when I close it, it doesn't shut up and keeps running. The video ends with me fiddling with the batteries and a pissed off Look on My Face?

Vidman, post what? A video of me unboxing a prop and then we get to the tricorder I open it, works fine and then when I close it, it doesn't shut up and keeps running. The video ends with me fiddling with the batteries and a pissed off Look on My Face?

Yuppers that's what we need to see a true opinion ;)

As promised, here you go guys!

This episode was filmed on two different days, the first part on January 23, 2015. It was my intention to do an rehearsed & unscripted Unboxing of the newly released Roddenbery.Com Science Tricorder Mark IX Hero Prop Replica from Star Trek Deep Space Nine & Voyager. My goal was for you to see my true and authentic reactions as I opened the box of my new prop. Unfortunately, everything came to an abrupt halt more than half way thru filming. The second part was filmed on February 22, 2015. It offers a resolution to what happened on that day in January. I ask that you watch the video all the way thru because the ending is worth the wait!

I invite you to enjoy my new episode of "Trek Behind The Magic," - Episode #5, Special Unboxing Edition. Just Click on the link below.

http://youtu.be/heMk3sIBjmM

I hope you enjoy my latest efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much Len, The surprise on your face when you were closing the tric and it not shutting off was an "OSCAR" moment :eek . Also thank you for using some of my comments from this thread ;) , i.e. " HASBRO ON THE INSIDE" , " NOT OPENING ALL THE BOXES AND KEEPING THE BEST 1" and "ABOUT THE CLOSING RATCHET SOUND IF NOT CORRECT i WAS GOING TO SELL IT ON THE BAY ".

I'm glad I cancelled my preorder :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back