Roddenberry Prop Announcements at Star Trek Las Vegas 2014

That's my comparison video above, and I'll probably try to do a similar one for the Rodd.com. I preordered one in spite of the stupid hinge (which we could see from the earliest proto shots) but am worried now with all the feedback. Love the display stand anyhow...

tumblr_nihlg5dsWi1r2p3x5o1_1280.jpg

Got mine the other day.

Here's a short video of lights/sound: http://frontier001.tumblr.com/post/108696684876/tr-960-tricorder-hero-prop-replica

- - - Updated - - -

It's a re-pop of the Mr and eFx no buttons worked

God that thing would be over a grand easily if any buttons worked! :lol

So it is a re-issue of the eFx one? I figured!

and Rod.com said it would be worth the wait :facepalm , no different from what was sold years ago with a signature plaque, except we don't get a plaque or issue # or even an acrylic covered display . So disappointing , makes me want to cancel my pre order................................ :unsure

Wow!

Sorry to hear what happened I would return all the trics and wait for an Efx to show up in the junkyard.

Seems like Rodd.com is having a lot of problems :unsure

Jimin St Louis, No I have not posted anything on like at this time. But Appollo is right. I checked the prop this morning and it seems as the magnet that is to switch off the unit (reed switch) is either miss aligned or the magnet is not strong enough to turn off the unit

I returned mine because I had an issue with the battery door screws not reaching the threads. I hope the unit I get back doesn't have the reed switch issue you guys are talking about.

and Rod.com said it would be worth the wait :facepalm , no different from what was sold years ago with a signature plaque, except we don't get a plaque or issue # or even an acrylic covered display . So disappointing , makes me want to cancel my pre order................................ :unsure

AND it's DOUBLE the price.

I bought the eFx, it was $250-299 (can't remember) - this one was $500 off the bat. With less goodies. Though to be fair, the eFx sold the acrylic case separate for $50. But it's base felt more stable.

(Why I have both: friend got it for me as a surprise gift; do not have heart to tell him I have the previous one.)

AND it's DOUBLE the price.

I bought the eFx, it was $250-299 (can't remember) - this one was $500 off the bat. With less goodies. Though to be fair, the eFx sold the acrylic case separate for $50. But it's base felt more stable.

(Why I have both: friend got it for me as a surprise gift; do not have heart to tell him I have the previous one.)

Also the Master Reps was better on the graphics, not so brite and see thru like the efx and rod.com .

I'm just going to leave it packed and try to sell it ..................

IHello everyone!!,l got mine in the mail and this thing once you put the batteries in starts right up without opening the door!!!!! Open it close it it won't shut off!!!! I am so majorly. (cheesed off) I don't want to say the real OFF that I am that I might get banned for foul language on th RPF. Here is my story everyone, I pre-ordered it back in late August, and waited all this time. Well as many of you know about the Home Depot credit card breach, and I do a lot of shopping there. So I called my Major credit card company and had them cancel my old card and send me another new card. But, the OLD. Card was used to pay for the POS. So I had to have Roddenberry cancel my first ordr and I had to re- order it with my new card. What I didn't realize at the time that the posted TWO REFUNDS on my card. Therefore, it canceled but the old Tricorder Purchase and the new Tricoder Purchase! Well the week of January 12 comes and they announce they are shipping the Tricorders and guess what shows up at my front door but THREE TRICORDERS!!!! I write to Roddenberry.com and ask them how do they want their Tricorders returned and they offer to have UPS come by and pick them up or I ship them and they will reembursemnt me or the shipping via PAYPAL. I said no to that, and I PAID FOR THE RETURN OF THE THE TWO TRICORDERS OUT OF MY OWN POCKET. I asked Roddenberry's store manager can I keep the third one for free and they said no. So is asked them how do they want me to pay for this Tricorder and the told me to send a personal check. Which i was gonna do tommorrow (Saturday). Tonite I began to shoot an Unboxing video of the Prop and you see as plain as day on the video that once you try and close it it will not shut off.

I don't know what to do. I will tell you one thing I am not sending a personal check for $499.99, that's for darn sure!!! I know I gotta send this one back, but would you guys ORDER ANOTHER ONE?

I am an honest guy here. I could have kept the three tricorders and prayed that they never would have figured out their mistake. Maybe sold the other two on EBay or something. No I didn't do that. Or told them they sent me two extra by mistake and JUST sent the two back...BUT NO...I didn't do that either. I payed for the shipping of the two Tricorders. I'll be God Damned if I pay for the shipping of he messed up Prop. What makes me maddest is not the Fact that had everything gone smoothly I would chasing the Roddenberry for another Prop or get my money back. The part that REALLY MAKES ME THE MADDEST is that We all had to wait from October til NOW and end up getting a tricorder that doesn't work!!!

You should have opened all of them , picked the best 1 for yourself and sent back the defective and extra 1, with big red letters on the bad 1 saying " DEFECTIVE UNIT " :ninja

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cancelled my preorder at bbts.com. Not going to get another tric that is not correct.......... :devil

My Stapelton/GMprops kit has been ringing in my mind for some time now to build it and have a better tric than the 3 that were/are available.

Thanks Myron and Gerry for providing a better overall product :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back