Rocketeer Rocketpack WIP

hikz

Okay. Thought I'd post up some pictures of my rocketpack build. This has been a long time in the making but its finally coming together nicely. I scratch built the main pack and was then lucky enough to get RSprops to make the moulds and then cast me a test pull in cold cast aluminium resin. I have then had all the grills 3d printed and fitted. I'm still currently working on these to get them more accurate. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Re: Rocketeer jetpack WIP

Imageshack wants me to download the pictures onto my drive.

Re: Rocketeer jetpack WIP

Your title confused me. The ROCKETeer uses a jetpack?

But you did recover writing about your rocketpack.

Dude! That is amazing. Really well done. The finish looks spectacular. I imagine that weighs a bit, right? How many different molds/parts are there for the main body?

Thanks mate. It's 3 sections. The main centre piece and the left and right cylinders. It's not that heavy to be honest. I'll have to get it on the scales.

A couple of small updates. The new grills arrived for the main tanks really pleased with them. Also the Eagle eyed among you may have noticed the top air intake section was sitting off centre. Unfortunately my original sculpt for the centre section of the pack wasn't quite symmetrical and I only noticed once I had dropped the air intake section in. So after much headscratching I decided to get it drawn up again this time allowing for the difference. Hopefully this one will fit central as having it redrawn and printed has been a costly learning experience.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back