Rocketeer Fan Film in Seattle - anyoone with costumes want to be in it?

evanthx

I have a Rocketeer outfit:
http://evan.org/jetpack/

I have never made a fan film, so I will freely admit I don't know what I'm doing, but I am going to make a 3 to 5 minute Rocketeer fan film anyway. I am finishing up the script, and plan to shoot it in a month or two.

It's zero budget, and I am hoping for two days of shooting - I figure if I keep the scope limited I can actually succeed. So rather than try to tell the entire story, I figure I'm going to tell a bit of the story, and hopefully thus keep it fun and watchable.

So I figured I'd ask - anyone with 1940's costumes want to help?

The basic plot is that Betty is going to be in a Charlie Chaplin movie, the Great Dictator. Cliff gets jealous (Chaplin is a well known womanizer) and goes to spy on her. The Nazis want to stop the movie, so they kidnap Chaplin - but he is with Betty (trying to seduce her but failing) so they kidnap her too. Cliff sees the kidnapping, and rockets to the rescue.

I plan to film the Nazis kidnapping Charlie Chaplin and Betty, and Cliff rescuing them.

I thus need ... well, Nazis! But if anyone else has 1940's costumes and wants to help - I'd love it if another 1940's hero could be in it to help Cliff (the Shadow would be GREAT), and in general if anyone with period outfits is interested, the more the merrier. Given the zero budget issue, people with their own costumes would be fantastic.

And if anyone wants to help make it, that'd be great too!

This is in Seattle so ... that's the only real requirement.

Again, I have never done this before - but I figure this should be fun. So if you want to help or be in it let me know! The more the merrier!

Just stumbled across this. I've been planning a Rocketeer fan film of my own for around a year now. So how did it go, Evan? Did it get filmed?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back