Robocop

Zodus

I have been inquiring around about a Robocop costume...does anyone know where I should start for something like that? I would preferrably like to do the version from Robocop 2. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>(Zodus @ May 25 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]1250684[/snapback]</div>
I have been inquiring around about a Robocop costume...does anyone know where I should start for something like that? I would preferrably like to do the version from Robocop 2. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks
[/b]

there were some great parts in the JY recently that would have gotten you off to a good start.

but let me just say if you are thinking to yourself "its just plastic i bet i could get one for cheap."

think again.

take out a loan, sell blood, your first born and whatever extremeties you feel arent "important"

cause these things can cost you a fortune to complete.

hopefully someone will chime in that has some connections to the pieces i mentioned in the JY, i believe they were cast from the real thing.

good luck. (han solo voice) your gonna need it.

That would be most helpful. I know that I am going to be investing a considerable amount here...I just really need to know where to start and what to look for as I only have been dabbling in the Star Wars costume area fo far.

<div class='quotetop'>(Zodus @ May 26 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1251157[/snapback]</div>
That would be most helpful. I know that I am going to be investing a considerable amount here...I just really need to know where to start and what to look for as I only have been dabbling in the Star Wars costume area fo far.
[/b]

I had a full suit that was made about 3 yrs ago. It was a LOT of fun to be in but not very comfortable, very hot inside it. It cost me $1200USD to purchase but I sold it for the same amount about a year later so it was a wash. Like a free rental. :p The person that made it was overseas but I can't remember his name at the moment. Perhaps someone here knows... Hope this helps.

PJ

I'm no Robocop expert but you might try contacting Bruce H. I've seen photos of his Robcop, which to my untrained eye looked perfect.

Seems his website http://www.brucehansing.com/ is unavailable at the moment, but maybe someone here can help put you in touch with him?

He's in the UK I believe.

Good luck. :)
Jeremy

<div class='quotetop'>(gonk27 @ May 29 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1252726[/snapback]</div>
I'm no Robocop expert but you might try contacting Bruce H. I've seen photos of his Robcop, which to my untrained eye looked perfect.

Seems his website http://www.brucehansing.com/ is unavailable at the moment, but maybe someone here can help put you in touch with him?

He's in the UK I believe.

Good luck. :)
Jeremy
[/b]

If anyone can put me in touch with him...it would be most appreciated.

<div class='quotetop'>(PlanoJedi @ May 30 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]1253350[/snapback]</div>
Yes, That is who My suit came from. His site has been down for a while now. Maybe out of the business... [/b]

Well If anyone could shed some light on this..please do. That is a great looking suit...

Last I heard he wasn't making them anymore. I think someone has his molds but I'm not sure. I had a site that had this and other costumes. I can't find the link now. They had 2 Robo suits. One was fiberglass I think and the other had a metallic finish. It looked incredible. It was also about $5,000. The glass one was around $2,000

Bruce is still making these and they end up on Ebay nowadays, once in every few months he places one on there,,

If you need his direct email, let me know, I know Bruce pretty well. PM me

Here's me in my Robo 2 suit

Steve

Handshake.jpg

robosteve06.jpg

Image13.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(ROBOSTEVE 0671 @ Jun 2 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1254933[/snapback]</div>
Bruce is still making these and they end up on Ebay nowadays, once in every few months he places one on there,,
[/b]

Interesting. Did he make new molds? There was a similar thread last year and someone said he wasn't making them anymore.

For all those interested I have replied to your PM's but ere's his email anyway, Bruce has made new mould now from a very much cleaned up hero suit,, drop him a line here,, tell him Steve Hird sent you ;)

Bruces direct email is bruce.hansing@ntlworld.com

If you need anymore help or info just ask away mate
Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(ROBOSTEVE 0671 @ Jun 3 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1255471[/snapback]</div>
For all those interested I have replied to your PM's but ere's his email anyway, Bruce has made new mould now from a very much cleaned up hero suit,, drop him a line here,, tell him Steve Hird sent you ;)

Steve
[/b]

Very cool photos Robosteve.

Steve, what do you mean by "cleaned up"?

<div class='quotetop'>(ROBOSTEVE 0671 @ Jun 3 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]1255471[/snapback]</div>

Steve
[/b]

Bruce has gone back to all the parts and put more sharper lines in and made these more like the Hero suit now, they are extremely close, the suit used to look lower in detail and have drawn in lines where there should of been cut in lines like the film suit, there was 3d detail before, dont get me wrong but not like he does them now, and very sharp too.

I'll be placing up some pictures of my suit very shortly as its being refurbished as we speak, its going to look amazing.

I'll try and put some pics up tomorrow

:thumbsup

Steve

I think that's the one I was mentioning earlier. I still don't know what the site is. That is the glass fiber version. I think they have a metal one for more $.

Is the black area around the stomach supposed to be a rubber like material? It looks to be all one piece in the auction.

<div class='quotetop'>(clonesix @ Jun 6 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1257346[/snapback]</div>
there is one on ebay right now. It ain't cheap.
[/b]

The mid section in this one will be solid FB if its the same as I'm thinking, as its a display version.

Bruce does several versions, hard ABS in black , or a thick latex version, its what ever suits best for the wearer, I ended up going through about three different versions to get a good comfy fit that I could bend in.

Steve

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back