Robocop

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Zodus, May 25, 2006.

1. Zodus

Zodus Active Member

I have been inquiring around about a Robocop costume...does anyone know where I should start for something like that? I would preferrably like to do the version from Robocop 2. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

2. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Zodus @ May 25 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]1250684[/snapback]</div>

there were some great parts in the JY recently that would have gotten you off to a good start.

but let me just say if you are thinking to yourself "its just plastic i bet i could get one for cheap."

think again.

take out a loan, sell blood, your first born and whatever extremeties you feel arent "important"

cause these things can cost you a fortune to complete.

hopefully someone will chime in that has some connections to the pieces i mentioned in the JY, i believe they were cast from the real thing.

good luck. (han solo voice) your gonna need it.

3. Zodus

Zodus Active Member

That would be most helpful. I know that I am going to be investing a considerable amount here...I just really need to know where to start and what to look for as I only have been dabbling in the Star Wars costume area fo far.

4. PlanoJedi

PlanoJedi Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Zodus @ May 26 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1251157[/snapback]</div>
    I had a full suit that was made about 3 yrs ago. It was a LOT of fun to be in but not very comfortable, very hot inside it. It cost me $1200USD to purchase but I sold it for the same amount about a year later so it was a wash. Like a free rental. :p The person that made it was overseas but I can't remember his name at the moment. Perhaps someone here knows... Hope this helps.

PJ

5. gonk27

gonk27 Sr Member

I'm no Robocop expert but you might try contacting Bruce H. I've seen photos of his Robcop, which to my untrained eye looked perfect.

Seems his website http://www.brucehansing.com/ is unavailable at the moment, but maybe someone here can help put you in touch with him?

He's in the UK I believe.

Good luck. :)
    Jeremy

6. Zodus

Zodus Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>(gonk27 @ May 29 2006, 03:24 PM) [snapback]1252726[/snapback]</div>

If anyone can put me in touch with him...it would be most appreciated.

7. PlanoJedi

PlanoJedi Well-Known Member

8. Zodus

Zodus Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>(PlanoJedi @ May 30 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]1253350[/snapback]</div>

Well If anyone could shed some light on this..please do. That is a great looking suit...

9. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

Last I heard he wasn't making them anymore. I think someone has his molds but I'm not sure. I had a site that had this and other costumes. I can't find the link now. They had 2 Robo suits. One was fiberglass I think and the other had a metallic finish. It looked incredible. It was also about $5,000. The glass one was around $2,000

10. ROBOSTEVE 0671

ROBOSTEVE 0671 Sr Member

Bruce is still making these and they end up on Ebay nowadays, once in every few months he places one on there,,

If you need his direct email, let me know, I know Bruce pretty well. PM me

Here's me in my Robo 2 suit

Steve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(ROBOSTEVE 0671 @ Jun 2 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1254933[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting. Did he make new molds? There was a similar thread last year and someone said he wasn't making them anymore.

12. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

I'll send you a link. :D

13. Max Jenius

Max Jenius Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Please send me some info too. :)

14. ROBOSTEVE 0671

ROBOSTEVE 0671 Sr Member

For all those interested I have replied to your PM's but ere's his email anyway, Bruce has made new mould now from a very much cleaned up hero suit,, drop him a line here,, tell him Steve Hird sent you ;)

Bruces direct email is bruce.hansing@ntlworld.com

If you need anymore help or info just ask away mate
    Steve

15. gonk27

gonk27 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(ROBOSTEVE 0671 @ Jun 3 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1255471[/snapback]</div>
    Very cool photos Robosteve.

16. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

Steve, what do you mean by "cleaned up"?

<div class='quotetop'>(ROBOSTEVE 0671 @ Jun 3 2006, 01:30 PM) [snapback]1255471[/snapback]</div>

17. ROBOSTEVE 0671

ROBOSTEVE 0671 Sr Member

Bruce has gone back to all the parts and put more sharper lines in and made these more like the Hero suit now, they are extremely close, the suit used to look lower in detail and have drawn in lines where there should of been cut in lines like the film suit, there was 3d detail before, dont get me wrong but not like he does them now, and very sharp too.

I'll be placing up some pictures of my suit very shortly as its being refurbished as we speak, its going to look amazing.

I'll try and put some pics up tomorrow

:thumbsup

Steve

18. clonesix

clonesix Sr Member

there is one on ebay right now. It ain't cheap.

19. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

I think that's the one I was mentioning earlier. I still don't know what the site is. That is the glass fiber version. I think they have a metal one for more $.

Is the black area around the stomach supposed to be a rubber like material? It looks to be all one piece in the auction.

<div class='quotetop'>(clonesix @ Jun 6 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1257346[/snapback]</div>

20. ROBOSTEVE 0671

ROBOSTEVE 0671 Sr Member

The mid section in this one will be solid FB if its the same as I'm thinking, as its a display version.

Bruce does several versions, hard ABS in black , or a thick latex version, its what ever suits best for the wearer, I ended up going through about three different versions to get a good comfy fit that I could bend in.

Steve

21. TK9120

TK9120 Sr Member

If I do get one it would be for display only. I wish I could wear it but at 5' 6 it won't work. I think the latex would look better even on a display.

Steve, could you send me Bruce's email please? Thanks.

22. ROBOSTEVE 0671

ROBOSTEVE 0671 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(TK9120 @ Jun 7 2006, 10:34 AM) [snapback]1257667[/snapback]</div>

I'll place it here for all to see that are interested.

bruce.hansing@ntlworld.com

23. Chuey

Chuey Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:confused: Question, are any of you Robocop costume owners going to be at SDCC or live in California?

24. GuntahKela

GuntahKela Sr Member

Not helpfull to your quest, but for what it is worth, I built a Robocop armor from Scratch. This was in back in the 90s, before the Internet became way too popular to ignore. My motivation was that I'd be the ONLY KID IN THE WORLD WITH HIS OWN ROBOCOP ARMOR....

Then, came the internet and more people than I imagined had these. Oh, well. I still built one and kicked butt.
    Enjoy the pics and the links to the making of it at, the bottom of the page:

http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Gold/2784/robocop.htm

25. Zodus

Zodus Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GuntahKela @ Jun 10 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]1259856[/snapback]</div>

Hey man that's pretty cool expecially from doing it all from scratch like that...

26. gonk27

gonk27 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(GuntahKela @ Jun 11 2006, 01:03 AM) [snapback]1259856[/snapback]</div>

Wow, "I'd buy that for a dollar." (actually considerably more.)

Very nice suit indeed :)

Jeremy

27. BigBadBat

BigBadBat Active Member

There was one on Ebay recently. I think the asking price was around $3000.