Robocop Helmet Paints

Hello to everyone. I know that thread is old now, but maybe I can get help here.

mutronics & mattycsi could you tell me which metallic paint you used for base color for all your Robocop's helmets?

I use Halfords Ford Nimbus Grey for the silver base coat. It’s an acrylic car spray paint.

964FFB0B-3143-4270-ABB6-2F81366E7FD9.jpeg

Last edited:
I use Halfords Ford Nimbus Grey for the silver base coat. It’s an acrylic car spray paint.

So you mean what Halfords Ford Nimbus Grey this is a metallic paint? Or just a base color like primer? I'm looking good metallic and not sure which one is good for Robocop.

So you mean what Halfords Ford Nimbus Grey this is a metallic paint? Or just a base color like primer? I'm looking good metallic and not sure which one is good for Robocop.
Yes, I use this for the silver over the primer. I then add the blues and purples and then clear coat it with a 2k clear coat and polish. when I started painting the helmets I looked for a car paint colour chart from halfords to choose the correct silver colour but they don’t seem to have one, and even though they have 300 odd different silvers on offer the Colour stickers on then all is the same so it’s was just a guessing game.

Yes, I use this for the silver over the primer. I then add the blues and purples and then clear coat it with a 2k clear coat and polish. when I started painting the helmets I looked for a car paint colour chart from halfords to choose the correct silver colour but they don’t seem to have one, and even though they have 300 odd different silvers on offer the Colour stickers on then all is the same so it’s was just a guessing game.
Just out of curiosity, did you try a couple of tins and settle on that one or got lucky with the first one?

Just out of curiosity, did you try a couple of tins and settle on that one or got lucky with the first one?
Sorry for the late reply. I think I just got lucky. I bought a couple of silvers and liked the nimbus grey. Because there is no colour chart for these paints I started to make one with the colours I had. I had a more extensive one but lost it somewhere, here’s what I have at the moment.

Attachments

• ED76A872-D490-41EE-AFD3-ADAB4558418C.jpeg
    ED76A872-D490-41EE-AFD3-ADAB4558418C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back