robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Re: robo3687's Pep Files - Iron Man, Star Wars and more...oh my!

This is to everyone who is asking questions about scaling:

Each piece needs to be scaled separately!

Everyone is proportioned differently so to take the default proportions and just scale them across the board will result in something your height or your width but in the same shape as the original. You MUST size each piece to match the part of your body it's designed to fit over. Scaling each piece to the same number will NOT work for most people.

There is no magic way to figure out a scale
Just measure the body part you need to scale to, look at the dimensions of the piece in the program and adjust the scale until you have a good balance between the length, width, and depth in terms of matching your proportions.

It's more work, but if you don't do this your final product won't fit right.

Even if you scale to the same dimensions that someone else your same heigh and weight did you will STILL have issues because, like I said, everyone is proportioned differently. Their arms might be longer than yours, their legs shorter, have more muscle, have a wider chest, and a bigger butt, but weigh exactly what you weigh and be the same height.

Just take some time to figure out your scale for yourself and you will be just fine. And if you need to repep a piece because it doesn't fit, at least you know how it goes together now, meaning your second go will be faster and cleaner.

-Nick

Wow...I'm VERY impressed. I'm dying to try this out even though I've never done this before. Robo, your work is amazing! I'm going to try to read the entire thread through from the beginning, but I'm a little worried. I'm 6'4" and about 200lbs...my waist is 32" so, from what I've read so far i think that part will fit, but I hope the rest can be adjusted to work.

...again...WOW!

@TheNickFox...looks like you posted *right* before I hit send :) Thanks for the post...any other recommendations for a beginner? I've never tried building something quite like this before. I've done a LOT of scale model building over the years, but this is a very different beast...I think I could get hooked though :)

First time poster, first time pep user, dl'd the pdo's and started cutting. Wow....amazing creations. Wanted to say thanks to robo.

So..which is the hardest part? Cutting out/ Folding the peices/ or glueing it together? lol

@TheNickFox...looks like you posted *right* before I hit send :) Thanks for the post...any other recommendations for a beginner?

The best tip I can give you is to just take your time. Some peps are VERY involved and will test your patience. If you have made models, you know what I'm talking about. If you take your time from the beginning, measuring yourself, then using that to scale your model, then taking the new scaled dimensions from the program and checking them AGAIN against yourself, it will make it that much easier to stick with it.

There are a lot of guys who swear you HAVE to screw up your scaling at some point, that no one ever gets it right. Well, I have never had to repep something because it doesn't fit. I just take the necessary time in the beginning to figure out my scale for myself, so I don't have to spent more time later pepping the file all over again.

So just remember, a little patience now will save you a lot of time later.

...If you do that, you'll DEFINITELY get hooked.

-Nick

okay so the basic republic commando bucket is finished...

i had to take a few little details out (the little vent-y bits on the side) in order for it to remain pep-able...

i'm unfolding it now and will be giving it to someone to do a test build...then providing it all goes smoothly I'll release it....

okay so the basic republic commando bucket is finished...

i had to take a few little details out (the little vent-y bits on the side) in order for it to remain pep-able...

i'm unfolding it now and will be giving it to someone to do a test build...then providing it all goes smoothly I'll release it....
I wouldn't mind test building the helmet :) or anything else you might cook up in the future :thumbsup

neo, you've got mail...

that's 3 people i have testing that.....should be enough...lol...

remember to post pics when done....

I told myself I wouldn't do an Iron Man build because of how many people are doing them, but I keep finding myself coming back and checking this thread. It might just be my choice for Halloween... I need to choose soon!

Hey robo, Just wanted to say thanks a lot for the Pep files! I sent you over a small donation! Im going to have the greatest costume in this city next year for sure! Ill be sure to put up pictures when i am done!
Oh and did you get my message about the megaman idea? Just if you are interested, check it out! http://www.therpf.com/f24/megaman-pepakura-82595/

Thanks again!

Im doing the hands/fingers and my god its really hard and not sure if im doing it right as its my first time doing a pep. Il upload some pics when i can.

robo i don't mean to get off topic but would you like to make a pep file for this suit's helm? My wife got interested in cosplaying and wanted me to do her 1st suit from her favorite anime back when she was still a kid.

priss.jpg

well if you wouldn't mind or have free time or so. :confused

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1OmcF0JZkZdLLRCv6fehAvT57jo3gsNakdiSx2psDj8g&hl=en

This is a week and a half ago. All i have left now is the Helmet (one in shot is not card stock), and the hands. I started the resin on the outside last night, and I am very pleased with how it is coming along. This is my first attempt at this so I have ran into most of the problems everyone is asking about. Also, i am 6'7 and this thing is spooky looking when all laid out together. Before anyone asks me scaling questions I did it very stupidly, but if you are my size i have jpgs of all the parts that with Robo's permission I could provide. Thanks Again Robo!

--Edit--

Blast, the images didn't come up. There is a link now instead.

Last edited:

Are the pep files from the first post of this thread available in PDF format anywhere?

Thanks robo, excellent work!

robo i don't mean to get off topic but would you like to make a pep file for this suit's helm? My wife got interested in cosplaying and wanted me to do her 1st suit from her favorite anime back when she was still a kid.

priss.jpg

well if you wouldn't mind or have free time or so. :confused

if you can name that anime i can help you out

Im doing the hands/fingers and my god its really hard and not sure if im doing it right as its my first time doing a pep. Il upload some pics when i can.

im going to use a milk jug for my hands/fingers - hope that helps you out a bit

Re: robo3687's Pep Files - first post updated - please read

hey guys I've updated the first post with details on upcoming files, commissions, donations and questions...

and the iron man files are all in the one file now for easy downloading...

i'd appreciate it if you could all take a look...

cheers

Re: robo3687's Pep Files - first post updated - please read

@azurial it's bubblegum crisis.. it was an anime release way back in 2001(i think). well i've started the helmet sculpt. don't mean to hijack robo's thread tho. *peace*

ill try sculpting the helm. I've seen a 3d model somewhere but it costs 25$ and i don't know how to unfold or so. :sleep anyway ill make my own thread sometime when i feel making one.

oh btw i've started the rescaled chest & finished the rescaled helm. If anyone needs pics of the finished UNSCALED parts just tell me I'll post em here. I finished robo's mk6 parts except for the boot & abs part.

Re: robo3687's Iron Man 2 Pep Files - 15/6 hands for everyone!

brother...... Can you teach me how can I draw the diagram for the Iron Man's Armor?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back