robo3687's Iron Man Pep Files - SD War Machine links page 73

Nearing completion of my suit; in a hurry to get it done before Halloween. I smoothcasted/fiberglassed the whole thing and painted it and it's looking pretty good. I'm starting to put it together now, though, and I have a question:

-How is everyone connecting the thighs and shins together? Because I was thinking like screws or rivets (what I've heard most people use on the arms) but it doesn't work for the legs because the round parts don't overlap; the bottom sides of the thigh simply fit over the discs coming from the shin, so there's nowhere to put a screw or rivet.

And by the way, if anyone doesn't want to go through the trouble of making the hands (not that robo's gloves aren't amazing because they are), a cool alternative is lacrosse gloves (after being spraypainted of course)

But anyway, any help on the leg issue would be much appreciated! Like very much appreciated, becuase I'm really trying to hurry to get this done so I can wear it on Halloween.

Hey all just joined as I am planning my own build problem I have is I'm stuck without a PCM at the moment so was just wondering if anyone can email me the template for the helmet? Preferably the opening type as I say very new to this and this will be my first ever build of anything like this any help is much appreciated

Hi all,

I'm currently using robo3687s files to build my first Iron Man armor, I'm 5' 10" and around 160 pounds and have scaled the pieces I've made so far to 24.7

However some parts have versions unfolded by jason02 and balmung, but are different sizes (25.411754 and 24.59 respectively). Should I be keeping a scale of 24.7 for all pieces? I chose 24.7 as this is the same ratio of 25.411754 as 5ft10 is to 6ft (97.222222%). However not sure if I should be scaling the balmung's pieces by 97.222222% too (this would get 23.9) - or just keep scale any piece I use to 24.7. Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm currently using robo3687s files to build my first Iron Man armor, I'm 5' 10" and around 160 pounds and have scaled the pieces I've made so far to 24.7

However some parts have versions unfolded by jason02 and balmung, but are different sizes (25.411754 and 24.59 respectively). Should I be keeping a scale of 24.7 for all pieces? I chose 24.7 as this is the same ratio of 25.411754 as 5ft10 is to 6ft (97.222222%). However not sure if I should be scaling the balmung's pieces by 97.222222% too (this would get 23.9) - or just keep scale any piece I use to 24.7. Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

Yes the scale has to do with the original model not how it was unfolded so if you print one part unfolded by joe schmo and the same part unfolded by jane doe at the same scale then they will be the same size.

what program do u use to open the downloads

If you are talking about the compressed file... I use WinRAR. If you are talking about the PDO files, you have to use Pepakura Viewer or Pepakura Designer.

Yes the scale has to do with the original model not how it was unfolded so if you print one part unfolded by joe schmo and the same part unfolded by jane doe at the same scale then they will be the same size.

Thanks for the reply mate. Although I'm still a little confused - as some of the files in robo3687s zipped archive are scaled at 25.411754 and some at 23.59 (unfolded by two different people). I've read on a number of different posts that robo's files are for a 6ft tall person - but which of these does that apply to? When there's two versions of the same piece of armor (e.g. two codpiece unfolds) - I don't know which one to scale. Technically, if someone was 6ft tall and thought they didn't need to scale but used a mix and match method of these files (unfolds by different people) - the pieces wouldn't all fit together as they're scaled differently?

I would just try pieces on but my glue gun and glue sticks won't arrive until next week so can only cut at the mo

Thanks for the reply mate. Although I'm still a little confused - as some of the files in robo3687s zipped archive are scaled at 25.411754 and some at 23.59 (unfolded by two different people). I've read on a number of different posts that robo's files are for a 6ft tall person - but which of these does that apply to? When there's two versions of the same piece of armor (e.g. two codpiece unfolds) - I don't know which one to scale. Technically, if someone was 6ft tall and thought they didn't need to scale but used a mix and match method of these files (unfolds by different people) - the pieces wouldn't all fit together as they're scaled differently?

I would just try pieces on but my glue gun and glue sticks won't arrive until next week so can only cut at the mo

You are correct, if the files are that far off in scale they will not fit together. If you are 6ft tall and want to use one of the files that are scaled to 23 then just rescale it to match the others. You can also see the final measurement for each part and you can use the measurement tool to compare one part to another or to check to make sure it will fit you.

Sorry the files are 25.411754 and 24.59 (not 23.59) - so not tooo far off. Either way I'm trying to keep the same scale throughout - but just found out how to measure the length from one point to another on an armor piece - which is helpful as I think I might be forced to change the scale for my limbs.

Thanks for your help dude!

thanks for this cool pack files Mr robo. i just want to ask, is all part on this pack will be fit to each other without resizing, or i need to resize it manually?
sorry for bad english :D

I wanted to give you all a little update I am making some really good progress on my IM repulsor kits and I am almost done with my motorized/servo sound kits as well. I will be finishing them both up in the next week or so and I will be taking a video of everything to show you all. I am not allowed to post links in this thread but you can fine the repulsors in my signature and for the servo kits just do a search in the JunkYard. I am running out of room in my signature... I will have to think of some other way of showing off my stuff.

Greeting folks

I am reading this.. and discovering a whole so cool world!

I'm all excited and my first try is to create a Ironman suit! At least try to...

I'm at 5'9" 170 lbs. which scaling should I take?

Thanks in advance for the help

Lunaris76

Last edited:
Hi, i'm making a "lifting" of your files :)
774382_522991544400973_1711756579_o.png

Greeting folks

I am reading this.. and discovering a whole so cool world!

I'm all excited and my first try is to create a Ironman suit! At least try to...

I'm at 5'9" 170 lbs. which scaling should I take?

Thanks in advance for the help

Lunaris76
to scale for height, easiest way i found is to take the original scale of the file and divide by the height the files are scaled to, then it's a case of multiplying the answer by your height (in inches)
for example
robo's files are scaled to roughly 6 foot (72 inches), most of them have a scale factor of 25.411754 so it would be 25.411754 divided by 72, multiplied by roughly 70-71 (you'll need to double check the math on this bit to account for actual height. the answer you get should be your scale factor for armor to fit

i'm only 5'6" so i'm kind of going for the iron midget look, this method seems to yield the best results for me though

hope this makes sense

Last edited:
G'day Robo! Thanks very much for your generous sharing of these files. Great work and a real challenge to turn into a physical product!

My build is over on the 405th if you would like to drop in here.

Here's where I'm at with it so far....

zLrqXQn.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back