Robert Duvall as Gus MacCrae from Lonesome Dove

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

crawjaw

I spent the last 5 weeks sculpting; moulding and casting the character Gus MacCrae (played by Robert Duvall) from the TV series Lonesome Dove. This was done mainly as a Christmas present for my stepdaughter, but it was also an experiment for me using new materials, while taking a break from sculpting my Velociraptor.
This was the first time I sculpted with Chavant NSP oil clay, moulded with silicone and cast with Crystacal R plaster. Pardon me for not showing any extreme close-ups, as believe me they would not pass close scrutiny.
So here's some of my progress and finished shots. There aren't too many as I couldn't be bothered taking time to record them as carefully as I normally do, so my apologies for a couple that are out of focus. I hope you like them.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

mcusanelli

Absolutely beautiful sculpt, really great portrait too. Are yo going to paint it realistically, or do a faux bronze finish?

crawjaw

Thanks Bengrim09. This was a departure from my monsters and dinosaurs and was a good test for me sculpting the human form.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Joberg.

crawjaw

Thank you Muscanelli. I'm just leaving it unpainted at my step-daughter's request. She's happy the way it is but I might have a bash at painting a copy some time. I've done cold cast finishes on other projects and I think this would look good in copper.

crawjaw

Thanks Bengrim09, much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks Hotshot, glad you like it.