Ridley Scott signed for new BLADE RUNNER movie

Yeah, its a shame they made Aliens, Empire Strikes Back, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Dark Knight, Terminator 2, and all of those Harry Potter movies.

I could live quite happily without any of those. So, yeah. :p

The HP moves quit being good at number 2. So that's not a good argument.

Really? I'd have said they started to suck a lot less at number 3.

Everything I have seen from Prometheus looks great. Cant wait to see it.

Whoa Nellie. You could get that thrown back in your face if the film turns out to suck, and given Ridley's recent track record...

Ridley knows what he is doing.

OPTIMIST ALERT! DECONTAMINATION SQUAD!!!! :p

Who could possible be better to take us into that neo-noir cyber-punk world again?

Okay, I'll give you that.

I am going to see it the second it comes out.

Sigh. So am I. :lol

Considering how many films I have seen, and how many times I have tried to envision sequels to this movie, it is going to be pretty close to impossible to impress me with this movie, but I also have to say, I am looking forward to it with great hope. Even if it falls flat, I will be really happy to visit this world again. I am just a little tired of staying at the same hotel, and taking the same tour everytime I visit. It will be nice to see some new stuff from that world.

I understand the scepticism over it and movie sequels today, especially since George decided to revisit one of our favorite childhood films/series and market it to the current generation of children, and not to us ;).

Andy

Considering how many films I have seen, and how many times I have tried to envision sequels to this movie, it is going to be pretty close to impossible to impress me with this movie, but I also have to say, I am looking forward to it with great hope. Even if it falls flat, I will be really happy to visit this world again. I am just a little tired of staying at the same hotel, and taking the same tour everytime I visit. It will be nice to see some new stuff from that world.

I understand the scepticism over it and movie sequels today, especially since George decided to revisit one of our favorite childhood films/series and market it to the current generation of children, and not to us ;).

Andy

See, to me it's not about that "world," it's about Deckard, Roy, and Rachel. And that story's over... ANYTHING could happen in that world, just like ANY movie could be set in, say, Montreal...but who cares? As much as I thought the setting was fabulous (and they'll even screw that up with too much green screen I bet), it was always about the characters for me.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back