Riddick Blades [Chronicles of Riddick]

MKretschmer

Fellow creators!
Just wanted to share these saber tooth style blades from the Chronicles of Riddick that I modified. I hand carved the handles on these after removing the ugly rainbow layered wooden handles that they came with. The handles are made of black walnut, stained black and coated with polyurethane. Nothing fancy, just a little carving project.

Cheers!
Michael Kretschmer
[https://www.facebook.com/KretschmerKreativ]
[http://www.kretschmerkreativ.com]

Blades 007 -.jpg

Love Riddick, good job, they look much better. I have seen some replicas and the handles are what let them down. I would love to see the flint knives and sword stick thing he has in Riddick 3.

Love Riddick, good job, they look much better. I have seen some replicas and the handles are what let them down. I would love to see the flint knives and sword stick thing he has in Riddick 3.

Thank you! Yeah, I haven't come across any that actually look like the ones from the movie. Fairly disappointing.

Btw, here's what they originally looked like...with the junky handles.
5d8b00788e00a5f343142f3d1670ebd6.jpg

You did a really nice job on the woodwork. If you ever get the urge, you should try pairing a set of those blades with a couple of the ergonomic utility knives that were used on the originals...

Thank you! And I'm astonished at the X-Acto blade handle...I had no idea that's where the handles came from. Thank you for sharing and you definitely got me interested in doing an all chrome pair. Gotta clear my current cue of projects but this is for sure going on the list. Also, I just have to share a pic of the handle.

_0014_X3276_A.jpg

The ones I have seen had some crappy fake leather wrapped around the handle. Nice touch, and thanks for the heads up on the exacto knife, I am now inspired to make a set. Anyone know who makes the best replica blades?

The ones I have seen had some crappy fake leather wrapped around the handle. Nice touch, and thanks for the heads up on the exacto knife, I am now inspired to make a set. Anyone know who makes the best replica blades?

I would think they're all about equal...laser cut or water jet stainless. Depends on the alloy though...probably cheap stuff. I'm tempted to get some 420 or 440 SS and laser cut my own blades.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang, those are nice! Love the plaque.

Those look good! Carving wood is a pain in the butt.

I've had one of those Xacto knives, from years before the movie. When someone posted pics here of what they were back then, I looked at mine and was like "Really??".lol

Those look good! Carving wood is a pain in the butt.

I've had one of those Xacto knives, from years before the movie. When someone posted pics here of what they were back then, I looked at mine and was like "Really??".lol

Thank you. That's funny...I've actually never seen them before Nexus6 sent that link.

I have a set of the x-acto handles and blades from fee-bay, havn't got a chance to build them yet. I think there is still a tutorial here on the rpf on were to cut and grind to make them fit. hope that helps alil!

Sorry for revising this old thread, but anone know if the Xacto Ergo is available anywhere still or anyone have a cast replica of it available?
Looking to put together a set of Riddick Ulaks.

Sorry for revising this old thread, but anone know if the Xacto Ergo is available anywhere still or anyone have a cast replica of it available?
Looking to put together a set of Riddick Ulaks.
They're discontinued, so it takes some searching to find places that say they have them:
http://www.creativecoldsnow.com/browse.cfm/x-acto-ergo-chrome-knife/4,17555.html

FYI, I've never ordered from ^this^ place, so can't vouch for them. It's just the first link I found where they appeared to be "in stock". If you want to keep looking, a good search term for google is: "x-acto x3276 ergo utility knife".

Good luck! :thumbsup

I just saw ^that^ video early this morning. That was totally cool. The amount of twisting they did to the steel was crazy!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back