Restoring a Kokusai modelgun (Trooper Mk III)

MorbidCharlie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Picked this Kokusai Colt Trooper MkIII with a 4" barrel up recently. I'm wanting to do away with the chrome look and go with a true color. If I'm going that route, what can be done about some of the light scratches and/or discoloration on the surface?
Also, I don't mind giving the repair/paint myself, but would rather have a pro do it. Is anyone aware of a professional that does restore/paint on these modelguns?
And if any collectors out there happen to have one of these and have the manual handy, let me know! I'd like to ask for a scan of it, since mine didn't come with one.
1686580409239.png
1686580427012.png

1686580445723.png

I wasn't able to find clearer images of the Kokusai instructions but for all intents and purposes it is a copy of the real firearm. I compared the instructions I found with a breakdown of the actual pistol and they look to have all the same parts and breakdown. Of course the Kokusai will not match the Colt in dimensions to avoid anyone trying to swap parts. I hope these images help.

b438203689.1.jpg

i-img898x1198-1656163609omulfh901432.jpg

540092358.gif

I wasn't able to find clearer images of the Kokusai instructions but for all intents and purposes it is a copy of the real firearm. I compared the instructions I found with a breakdown of the actual pistol and they look to have all the same parts and breakdown. Of course the Kokusai will not match the Colt in dimensions to avoid anyone trying to swap parts. I hope these images help.

View attachment 1709874
View attachment 1709875
View attachment 1709876
Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back