Resin E-11 WIP. Comments please

staermose

Sr Member
Last Friday I got aresin E-11 in a trade. It was put together and painted. But it had flash, mold lines and huge chunks of resin all over the place that should have been cleaned off.
There was only one thing to do, take it apart, clean the parts. Put it back together and paint it again.
The first part that is done is the "M38 A2" Scope. I was going for the aged look on this one. What do you guys think?

scope4.jpg

scope3.jpg

scope2.jpg

scope1.jpg

More pics will follow as I get the rest of it done.

Cheers
Staermose

Looks good. That's the best part of resin scopes is how easily they weather. Ususally rubbing some gold enamel onto the semi/satin black is a perfect look.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFrosst @ May 8 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]1240807[/snapback]</div>
Very nice. How did you get that aged effect?
[/b]

It was cleaned as best as I could. It was first painted flat black (games workshop chaos black). Then I gave it a semi gloss varnish also from GM. Some metalic blue was mixed with flat black and thinned with water and brushed on. Finally some gold paint was rubbed on in a few places and on the edges was painted gold lines with a thin brush.

Cheers
Staermose

Next the: Hengstler Box

Very nice job on the paint, but that's a M38 A2.
Sorry to say, but the scope you have was not used on any blasters in the OT.
Great for a custom though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scarf man @ May 9 2006, 07:48 AM) [snapback]1241080[/snapback]</div>
That's a M38 A2. Sorry to say, but the scope you have was not used on any blasters in the OT.[/b]

Thanks, I didn't know that. I've changed the text in my first post to the correct name.

Cheers
Staermose

If you fill in that central 'band' so that it isn't apparent, the scope will look a lot more accurate. Especially with that paint job.

SAS

The Hengstler box is cleaned and painted. I'm planning on adding wires to the two cylinders on the magazine housing. I know this isn't the correct Hengstler box for it, but I like the wires and besides it isn't going to be a fully accurate E-11 anyway. Just found the scope is wrong too :unsure .

Hengstler1.jpg

Hengstler2.jpg

Hengstler3.jpg

Next to do is the two cylinders. These where horrible. Does anybody have pics of what they should or could look like :confused ? I have loóked at the pics at "the parts of SW" site and in chronicles so far. But if there are any ohter sources I should look at please let me know.

Cheers
Staermose

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sidewinder @ May 9 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]1241093[/snapback]</div>
If you fill in that central 'band' so that it isn't apparent, the scope will look a lot more accurate. Especially with that paint job.

SAS
[/b]

This band?

scope5.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(staermose @ May 9 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]1241099[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sidewinder @ May 9 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]1241093[/snapback]

SAS
[/b]

This band?

scope5.jpg

[/b][/quote]

That be the one. There's 2 ways to actually go about this and both are fairly simple. You could fill in that area with bondo which would make the area look a bit more correct or, you can simply cut the area out and put the two ends back together using a small wooden dowel as support. I believe the A2 is longer because of that middle section so cutting it out would actually make it more accurate.

-Fred

Yes that is the area to fill in. Don't cut it out as this will make it too short - the M38A2 is the same length as an M38 or M40 as it is.

The new profile wants to be like the red lines:
[attachmentid=7959]

SAS

Before I change the scope to look more like a M38 1942 than a M38 A2, I need to know a few things. Does it have any holes like the A2 (see pic)? And does anybody have some closeup pics of a real M38 1942?

scope6.jpg

Cheers
Staermose

Here is the new version of my scope. Its the same scope as above, with thin sheets of plastic and putty added. And a new paint job. Its not perfect, but its looks more like a M38 1942 than a m38 A2 now. And that is good enough for me. I still need some information on the two small cylinders on the mag housing, if anybody knows anythnig about them. Or has some pics of them.

scope9.jpg

scope8.jpg

scope7.jpg

Cheers
Staermose

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back