Resident Evil T-Virus vials

kjetilhansen

Hello all! :)

Thought I'd share my Resident Evil T-Virus vials. They are not complete yet, but they are very close. I will not bother to add lights to the vials them self cause of the acrylic I've used don't conduct light very well... Will add the light in the display box.

These are not 100% accurate according to size. They measure 5" long (as the licensed copy are) but the width is 33mm
I made this drawing with my measurements. Please note as I am Norwegian, the measurements are in MM

maal.jpg

The vial itself are made up of aluminium and acrylic. I have not polished the vials cause I like it best with a macined look. I did however use 160 grit sandpaper while it was still attached to the lathe, this gave me a brushed aluminium look that look very nice.

2015-12-09 16.37.42.jpg
2015-12-10 16.00.05.jpg

As some of the die-hard RE fans out there can see, in case of the licensed copy mine are not size accurate but they are good enough for me.

2015-12-10 18.08.52.jpg

Iv'e actually had this project in my head for over a year, just planning how to get the DNA string inside as perfect as possible. I had the plan of using stiff acrylic and heating it up to form a good helix. It is this job I have planned and thought about so long, but now I did it! It came out far from perfect, so I still need to tweak it some, but it still gives a good look on how it is supposed to work....

2015-12-16 17.28.13.jpg

This is as far as I gotten as this point. I have made som more parts that go inside of the vials to hide the bottom of the helix and the glue esc..

I did also start planning the display case for them. This is still very WIP! It is just a plan, it also have nothing to do with the RE series other than it will look futuristic when done.

monter.jpg

This is what I got at this point :) Will of course come back with more updates and more photos when I got more to show.

Is there anything you would do different, or maybe change? I am open for suggestions and advice! :)

Thank you! :) yes the blue one will be next, I have allready made the blue helix, but am still waiting for the aluminum order to come in. And I had to start with the green, since I can't make the virus untill I have the antivirus ;)

Nice work. I externally sourced the caps machining for mine, but love how clean yours came out.

These are mine, I made the a little larger that the HCG official prop and still haven't made a LED lighted copy.

virus.jpg

I quite made a few XD

virus2.jpg

I have also made a replica from the Resident Evil Revelations game and I am currently doing the latest Resident Evil movie antivirus vial replica.

Nice work on these I've seen ones on the flea bay but they seem to be stretched i.e. Longer in length and they don't seem very accurate :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back