Resident Evil 2 Remake

Stoney

Maybe a Remake
https://www.facebook.com/residentevil/posts/1011658972188323

Hello Resident Evil fans!
This is Capcom R&D Division 1!

First off, we would like to express our deepest appreciation to all Resident Evil fans, for your passion, enthusiasm and continued support for the Resident Evil brand.

Enthusiasm for a Resident Evil 2 Remake is something we've been hearing from you over the years, and has drawn some recent attention in the media.
However, as the team owns the RE brand, we're not certain how we feel about this approach, and would like to ask your honest and frank opinion about the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” and what the brand identity is supposed to be about?

Palp very much to the point and on the money.

While I'm usually of the opinion that if you have the resources, vision, capability etc to remake something, you should probably make something new instead, Capcom's recent efforts in the RE series make me honestly wish they'd go back and just remake 2, Code Veronica etc with some much needed updates rather than flailing around making a mess with new offerings. Tank controls are horrible, they were always horrible, they will always be horrible, just by example. Update those kind of interface elements, facelift it, and don't mess with anything they don't need to.

The question about brand identity and so on scares the hell out of me though, and makes me wonder who exactly is at the helm right now. Capcom seem to be in a really weird place right now, what with bankruptcy issues and all in recent history, questions like that just seem like "help, we have no idea what we're doing". Probably the best way for them to figure it out is go back and play the early games, cut off at maybe Zero or 4 at a stretch, then place trainwrecks like RE 6, Operation Raccoon City (was that it? the weird FPS on rails type one), Revelations etc on the other side of the scales.

Personally I want to love Capcom and always kinda will, but I also feel like I shouldn't let them near sharp objects, matches, fiscal responsibility, that kind of thing.

It is nice to see Capcom trying to quell some of the animosity it has built up over the years by finally actively looking for fan feedback rather than dismissing them. Nobody wants to play Megaman Man games anymore!!! Mighty No.9 gets funded in like a day. Now Capcom set to release Megaman 1-6 in HD.

Loved REMAKE, will be getting the Remake of Zero and I hope we do see RE2 get the Remake treatment. The only thing I would ask for it that Hunk's Fourth Survivor mini campaign get fleshed out a little more. Hunk is my favorite character in the entire series.

Liked RE4, didn't like 5, skipped everything after. I really liked the now old remakes for GameCube... and I definitely wouldn't mind a well-made RE2 remake :)

Honestly the only things that even feel like RE 0-3 is the Revelations series, ever since 4 the game has turned into a generic 3rd person shooter. Honestly as much storage as they have now on a BR they could combine 2 & 3 into one giant game.

Honestly the only things that even feel like RE 0-3 is the Revelations series, ever since 4 the game has turned into a generic 3rd person shooter. Honestly as much storage as they have now on a BR they could combine 2 & 3 into one giant game.

Resident Evil 4 is on my top 5 favorite video games of all time. It may have been 3rd person and involved a lot of shooting, but the game offered so much variety in so many areas. I also respected the decision to not have zombies in the game since, with all due respect, it's the creepy suspenseful moments and the non-zombie monsters that makes the Resident Evil franchise so fantastic.

Having said that, Resident Evil 2 for to me is the pinnacle of the best at what Resident Evil has to offer. It has the best story, the best characters, the best monsters and the best music. Second floor of the police station. BOOM! Instant mood for Resident Evil 2! So if you were to ask everyone what's the best Resident Evil games to play that's the most satisfying gaming experiences? Play 4. If you want the best representation of what Resident Evil is all about, play 2. They're all great in their own way. Kind of like ALIEN to ALIENS.

As for the remake? Hmm. I'm not sure. Still broken up about Capcom abandoning Nintendo. The Game Cube era spoiled me so much.

I agree. I even got the reissues of the Gamecube games for the wii and even those rail shooters they made as the chronicles series. I'm hoping they do a few more CGI movies now that Barry and some other characters are back. I just wish they made Chris a little less of a jerk, he really changed since what little you see in the back story of the first game and even the japanese source materials.

Let's hope they put as much time and dedication into this as they did REmake and not have a repeat of RE 6. Seems like even the Japanese game companies are having issues as the older game creators retire and leave, the quality just goes down.

The REmake of the first one for gamecube was pretty much my perfect game. It's a tie between that and twilight princess.

Even though I really enjoyed resident evil 4, it destroyed the series for me. It felt more like an updated ghosts and goblins than anything. Or a horror version of super mario bro. 1

"Ashley is in another castle"

I also wouldn't mind a remake of parasite EVE. That was a pretty cool game too.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone above mentioned megaman. I loved the style and gameplay, but they got really repetitive. What if they expanded it to play more like a metroidvania adventure? Something taking place on a large 2-d world? Where there are towns and places to buy upgrades?

I would love that type of game

They talked about a relaunch of Parasite Eve, I loved the first one but after that it got a bit odd as the games just barely fit together as a series. I do wish they'd do something with Megaman and maybe even finally tie it in with Megaman X. I'd love to see one with more storyline that maybe has an RPG feel to it with more dialogue, I love the game theory that Dr light never gave his creations the 3 laws of robotics which is why Dr wiley was able to talk them into rebelling.

That means they'll have to redo the music. Oh, man. Modern take on RE2's soundtrack. Never thought of that.
A lot of RE2's soundtrack was redone in RE: Darkside Chronicles. A bit subpar in my opinion, but I'd love to see what will become of this remake. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back