Replica Haunted Mansion - Paul Frees Narration - A.J. LoCascio

AJLoCascio

Sr Member
I was asked by a member if I could replicate the narration for the
Haunted Mansion as done by Paul Frees. I took on the challenge
after some interesting discoveries. The "Final" reading is still in a
very rough form, so forgive the timing and crudeness of editing.

Here is a video (audio) - about how I went about recreating it:

Making of the Haunted Mansion Narration

And for those who just want to hear the narration:

A.J. LoCascio - Haunted Mansion Recration

And remember for those of you who want your own voice recording for the holidays - check out my junkyard thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f13/replica-voices-love-aj-102339/

Cheers!
- AJ

Last edited:
Very nicely done! About the only thing that separates you from the actual narration is your cadence is just a touch fast in places, and I only noticed it because I've ridden the ride far too many times to count. Otherwise, :thumbsup :thumbsup

It was sloppily done - just to prove I can do it - I'm quite well aware of how much I
speed up and fall out of sync with the narration. And the way I was reading it made for odd timing. Plus little things - like part of the laugh got cut into the dialogue before it - but, as I said, it was just to see if it could be done and I kinda had a blast doing it.

- AJ

Oops, I missed the part where you said it's a rough cut. Still, you nailed his timbre perfectly. Out of curiosity, how much practice did it take?

honestly - I just played the clip at my pitch in chunks and repeated. Would love to get that voice down though - it's like Vincent Price or a gay Joker then - dropped down.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back