Repaint and Mod of cheap Infinity Gauntlet

Grundy

OK so I've been wanting a Infinity Gauntlet, but I wanted mine to be sized for a human and not Thanos. I was going the 3d print the entire thing when I happened upon one of these.

pTRUCA1-26897161_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg
This was human sized, but had some issues. Fist and foremost this is not really wearable, it has a handle in it that you hold onto right at the wrist. The fist area is filled with the light and sound electronics and a battery compartment. I went ahead and bought it anyway though and with a lot dremel work was able to gut the electronics and removed the molded fingers. I now only had to 3d print fingers instead of the entire Gauntlet, this saved a lot of time. Here's the completed Gauntlet.
57379406_2261393427512329_8593802669611548672_n.jpg

57094374_2261393454178993_7986051976750170112_n.jpg

I spray painted a leather work glove and attached the gauntlet and my 3d printed fingers to it. You can still see where I filled in the speaker grill, and I'm going to touch up a few small areas. A switch was installed on the back of the Gauntlet to control the lights. All the gems now light up before the mod only the yellow gem on the back of the hand did. There is no sound now but that's OK because I didn't like the sound effects anyway.

Love it. That's a really great conversion. I almost bought one of those for repaint, but it didn't occur to me to gut it to make it wearable. Brilliant!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back