Removing price stickers?

gunnerk19

Master Member
Sounds like a silly question I know, but what's the best way to remove those little scored square price stickers from paper packages without ruining the surface underneath? Like so...

20210220_152530_resized.jpg

Thanks in advance

I got a can of Goof Off at Aubuchon's, going to do that and the hair dryer thing.

Looking at the Goof Off, I'm pretty sure it's just Ronsonol lighter fluid rebranded :p

Plastic razor blades (carefully). Anything stuck on paper you had better test carefully! Many new print inks are soy based, and easily dissolved by just about anything. Even if the color doesn't come out, the surface finish (sheen) can be adversely effected.

Older packaging might hold up better to solvents.

Bottom line: Test well, and be very careful!

I got it off using the blow dryer and razor pretty well.

There was just the slightest bit of sticky residue left that I could probably have gotten off with my finger. I tried just a touch of Goof Off on a Q-tip and it took a small half circular swatch of the black ink off. :confused:

Oh well, it's minimal and not a rare figure so meh.

I always use furniture polish, just spray or dab enough on to cover the sticker, leave for around 20 mins for it to saturate the sticker, gently remove the sticker at that point, then repeat to remove any remaining adhesive, gently polish with a dry and clean duster/cloth after that. Hope this helps

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back