removing paint from a latex mask

P

predman1

could anyone tell me how to strip paint and sealer from a latex mask? I'm new to this site so work with me. ha
thanks.

very awesome, thanks alot! Any advice on which paints and gloss etc. i should use?

oven cleaner works great....you just have to watch it so you do not damage the rubber....and then clean with lots of soap and water

I know this thread is old, but I have to ask a similar question,

I added acrylic paint on he first layer of my mask, and then inks for the second layer. Is there any special chemical I need to remove it or just soapy water? I don't want to ruin the latex. Thanks :)

I would try warm soapy first, but I've heard citrus based cleaners work too.  I've never tried them so can't be sure, but if you do I would wash it with soapy water afterward to be sure it's clean before moving on to painting.

Brian

wonko said:
I would try warm soapy first, but I've heard citrus based cleaners work too.  I've never tried them so can't be sure, but if you do I would wash it with soapy water afterward to be sure it's clean before moving on to painting.

Brian
Thank you Brian :)

XilianX2010 said:
Thank you Brian :)
No problem.  If you use the citrus cleaner, let me know how it works.  I need to strip some paint off and tend to be a bit lazy when it comes to sanding or scrubbing.  :D

Brian

wonko said:
No problem.  If you use the citrus cleaner, let me know how it works.  I need to strip some paint off and tend to be a bit lazy when it comes to sanding or scrubbing.  :D

Brian
Well I tried soapy water and it is hard to get that paint off! I had some luck stripping it on the forehead, but I'm letting it soak now in the warm water so the paint can loosen. I tried the citrus cleaner, and saw no difference, but I wonder if it's what I'm scrubbing with. What's the best tool to use for scrubbing the paint off without damaging the latex? The best I had was just a scrubber, but still no luck. A wash cloth a scrubby did very little. Is there a harder scrubber I could use? Or is it a long process to remove paint?

ptgreek said:
out of curiosity ..why not just repaint it? you could have just pax based the whole thing and started fresh
I didn't know about PAX paint until know XD i guess I should know how and what to do in case I really need to in the future. I can use pax next time so I know how to do both.

Exactly what is pax?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back