Reference photos from Return Of The Jedi

redbutton

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got these photos from a Heritage auction site. They are reference photos of some scatch build weapons.
use on Return of the Jedi.

Eisode6RTOTJ6.jpg
Episode^RTOTJ1.jpg
Episode6RTOTJ LeiasGun.jpg
Episode6RTOTJ.jpg
Episode6RTOTJ2.jpg
Episode6RTOTJ3.jpg
Episode6RTOTJFinnedPistol.jpg
Episode6RTOTJletter.jpg
Episode6RTOTJletter2.jpg
lfpoisode6RTOTJ4.jpg

Wow! This is cool to me for 3 reasons

1) they all have a matte paint scheme

2) this is part of the story of Star Wars props… they didn’t have the bapty stuff available so they scratch built the DL-21, made a new E-11, and a new rebel blaster

3) that’s Lando’s pistol before it was decorated.. not Liei’s hahaha

Could it be Leia was to have a new weapon as the original was in England and a new one had to be produced in California? Just wondering as a similar instance happened with the Serenity film as Mals two original live fire pistols originally could not be located. Various new altered versions were designed based on the original. It was decided he would get an all new pistol which ended up as Wash's Mateba when the original Mal pistols were located...

okay maybe that's not lando's final gun... the trigger guard is curved twice instead of once

Also noticed the E-11 scope might be an original scope bell, it's got a lens retaining ring! They never bothered putting that groove into the Delrin copies

It's interesting they call that one M16 dubbed the A280, an Imperial rifle. I don't recall any Imperials using that gun.
I noticed a couple months ago they're mounted on a wall in the background during the opening scene of ROTJ, when Vader's shuttle is getting cleared to land. So technically they're part of the Empire's arsenal.

Edit: Added a screenshot

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    253.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
I noticed a couple months ago they're mounted on a wall in the background during the opening scene of ROTJ, when Vader's shuttle is getting cleared to land. So technically they're part of the Empire's arsenal.

That is so cool!!

Now I wonder what the shooting order was, and if those were mounted in the shuttle set as part of the "this is captured by the Rebels" set dressing and then not removed when they shot Vader's arrival - or if the A280 was always meant to be used by the Empire.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back