Red Dwarf Papercraft (Pep) props

I have finished the head, looks really good, working on the pants and body at the moment.

I shall post the finished article when it is done.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for sharing the links. I've been hoping there was some red dwarf related pep out there somewhere. This looks perfect. I shall definitely be attempting Kryten as my next project. Looking forward to seeing how you're all getting on with yours...

There's always some Red Dwarf knocking around somewhere, you can't get away from it :D

Hi everyone.

Thanks for sharing the links. I've been hoping there was some red dwarf related pep out there somewhere. This looks perfect. I shall definitely be attempting Kryten as my next project. Looking forward to seeing how you're all getting on with yours...

Hi all.

Just thought i'd share my finished Kryten spare head for anyone who's interested. Thanks for providing the pep file here. I wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise. I know this is an old thread but it's a goodun so seemed silly to put it elsewhere.
photo 5.JPG

Also, if anyone knows where I can get my hands on the pep file for a Mk.1 bazookoid, i'll be forever in your debt!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 155
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    992.8 KB · Views: 162
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 161
That's a great idea. It was a bit of a rush job as i'm meeting the boys from the dwarf at a con this weekend and hoping they'll sign it for me.

Looks fantastic, that's papercraft?! Wouldn't believe it, looks like a sculpt. Never heard of pepakura before, definitely going to learn more about it now...

Okay, so I did the Kryten head. I was planning on making a mask out of it, but it came out too small, and also did not quite understand how the nose was supposed to be folded.
Here it is, scaring the living daylights out of everyone when set on top of the sewing mannequin...

InstagramCapture_4aad31a4-4f14-40e3-89de-e369cf6767db_jpg1.jpg

Also, did not have this mythical "resin" substance, instead, I had a bottle of decoupage glue, and some flower napkins.
and then...

Meet spare head number 4. Please, respect his life choices.

InstagramCapture_f7bc594e-3c4c-4aab-8d7f-0e8b5756ec1d_jpg1.jpg

(I already started making out bigger scale head in the hopes of making a mask...
but scaled it maybe an inch too big for me... guess yet another piece must be made...! And learning this resin thing.)

I just finished the next one, but it's a tad too big for me... I'm furious, because it's not like humongous, but still a little bit too big, the eye sockets are half inch too far away for me.
I'll still paint it just for practise, but It will be weird for my little head (I'm only 5'4) Depending what it'll look like, maybe someone wants it?

Did anyone ever manage to unfold the suit?? Considering that seasons XI and XII are coming soon, I expect to see alot more RD stuff being made and worn at cons.. and I've not seen a really good suit and head yet either

Been working on unfolding the suit parts.. So far only the chest and elbow pads are unfolded (to the best of my abilities...)

The unfold is based on my body size, 6ft tall male.

Chest PDO: https://www.dropbox.com/s/udzbcth47nxrqmy/chest.obj?dl=0
Elbow PDO: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qy8yqbvhb8y2zlw/elbowpad.obj?dl=0

Please can someone test out the chest and tell me if it's buildable or not.. if it is i'll carry on with the unfolds and also try and get the rest of the suit like the hands and codpiece

Been working on unfolding the suit parts.. So far only the chest and elbow pads are unfolded (to the best of my abilities...) Please can someone test out the chest and tell me if it's buildable or not.. if it is i'll carry on with the unfolds and also try and get the rest of the suit like the hands and codpiece

Looks OK to me. Pep designer closed up quite a few open edges, so they might need to be merged in the obj file. Plus it might be an idea to sculpt in a few reinforcing bars across the base of the suit to keep it all aligned. But is is certainly buildable. :thumbsup

Did any thing come of this? All the links are dead now. Still wanting to do Kryten But may have to free hand sculpt instead :-(

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back