RED ALERT Lost 3 ft TOS Enterprise found????

Boy if this were to auction? Red Leader X-wing just went for 3 million.
I could see this in that range.
yeah, good point. this is a 5 million dollar ship.

(bare minimum. precedes star wars by 10 yrs, the ONLY one of it's kind at this screen-used scale, cradled in the arms of shatner and nimoy and sat on roddenberry's desk?? 10 mil isnt out of the question.)

Last edited:
This can't be the actual 3 footer. The Enterprise had plug holes on the starboard side of the ship along with seam lines running around the saucer and along the nacelles. Pfft, clearly a forgery.

Seriously though this is an incredible find with quite a story waiting to be told.

Gary Kerr has blessed it as authentic, I think this was one of the fastest authentications in history. LOL

“It was found in a storage unit that I bought from an auction. The unit belongs to a filmmaker named Burton Holmes”.
Hmmm,,, Burton Holmes died in 1958

Interesting to note, as it relates to storage units:

“Burton Holmes has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In 2004, 200 reels of Holmes's documentary footage, long thought lost, turned up in an abandoned storage unit. They are currently housed in the George Eastman House film museum.”

Last edited:
Hmmm,,, Burton Holmes died in 1958

Interesting tonote:

“Burton Holmes has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In 2004, 200 reels of Holmes's documentary footage, long thought lost, turned up in an abandoned storage unit. They are currently housed in the George Eastman House film museum.”

Must be another dude. Unless his family was involved later.

how could they know enough to list it as a richard datin and yet not know it's the f@cking lost richard datin that's worth probably a couple million dollars??
Richard Datin's business card as a model maker was taped to the bottom of the stand. So the seller put it in the listing

Good thing too, or the seller would have just listed it as "Toy Enterprise Model" or something and it might not have been spotted so quickly.

Funny thing, I've thought about this missing model now and then, and this is EXACTLY how I thought it would turn up one day.

I figured whoever possessed it knew they couldn't put it on display. And there were never even any rumors of anyone spotting it in some private display. So I figured whoever had it had it stashed away. It's been missing long enough I figured whenever that person died it would either be found by their heirs (who may or may not know it was stolen) or literally turn up in an unclaimed storage locker. I mean, I literally imagined this exact scenario.

I can't even say how happy I am I'm around to see this found. If it ever goes on public display I'm going to make a trek out to see it. Even just seeing new photos is great.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back