RED 4 - Hero X-Wing with machined armature (motorized)

Yeah it was a pyro, that's 100% sure . . .
Ive never seen pics of Red 4 under construction, I've only identified Red 12 while being painted (the other yellow-canopy X-Wing).
Many thanks for the detailed information! Extremely strong argument for Pyro.

Therefore (by method of elimination) the five heroes were Red 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6/12(?) but that is for another thread.

If it's not too much trouble, please post more pictures of it when it's finished. It serves to inspire (I have a V3.1, a Maxi-Brute, and several Hasbro X-Wings just waiting to be built/modified etc.). Thanks again!

Many thanks for the detailed information! Extremely strong argument for Pyro.

Therefore (by method of elimination) the five heroes were Red 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6/12(?) but that is for another thread.

If it's not too much trouble, please post more pictures of it when it's finished. It serves to inspire (I have a V3.1, a Maxi-Brute, and several Hasbro X-Wings just waiting to be built/modified etc.). Thanks again!

Welcome my friend, Ill try to pic better pics as soon as possible :)

Im not aware from another hero model besides Red Leader/2/3/5... Red 6 and Red 12 were two different birds and were pyro !

Good luck on your builds !

I thought I would pull this thread out of mothballs. I've been looking over X-Wing images to see what might work as inspiration for either my Captain Cardboard one or a couple smaller kit ones I have. I must say, I am digging the Red 4 paintjob here. It looks NICE and Julien, you did an excellent job on it.

Concerning the Floquil colors. To me, at least some of the yellow patches look like Union Pacific Armor Yellow. Of course, the railroad color line from Floquil has plenty of shades to choose from, so it could be one of any number of yellow shades, especially after weathering.

I always thought the warmest of the yellows was DRGW Yellow, from the Floquil line.

Always great to see this thread on page 1.

Clearly one of the best X-Wing replicas I've seen.

--This one
--Steve The Swede's Red 2
--Rogue Studios birds

Some of the very best, that could easily pass for original ILM models

So, has anyone managed to pull off a Red 6 based on the pyro with the red canopy? I've maybe only seen one picture of it and have a micro machine with a red canopy. Of course if I did that one and used a pilot figure based on the set piece as opposed to the normal biker type pilot, I would likely have to add some "mass" to the pilot. ;)

My current leading contender is Red 4, but I like to have some options.

No, dont worry J, I'm just behind everything and none of my models are actually 100 finished, they all need the final touch ! But that's sad when a model is really finished :p

That's one gorgeous paint job! I'm very impressed by the work you have done on this model, you took it to another level with the paint scheme. Can't wait to see it motorized!

Re: Red ? Building a pyro with hero wings (haha)

Julien, what is Reynolds, Holgate? Perhaps I can find you some material here? Reynolds casting materials? I know I'm really not in the loop here and not a pro like you guys but if I can help, I will. when I win the lottery here, I'll have you build me one of these to shoot in front of my Bluescreen, LOL! why the discussion about the Pyro models and Mike's V#? Not sure what this discussion is all about. Wil your model's armature be able to support the model from below as well for rear shooting on the stage?

Hellerhausen, Holgate and Reynolds are the brand of the brick pattern sheet used on the wing ramps, that's vacformed thin styrene.

Yes this model can be mounted from the rear, and from the nose (the nose cap can be removed) as well, but it cant be mounted from the side. When I'll build my other X-Wings, I'll add the side mounts !

What a gorgeous X. You guys with the painting skills amaze me. If i had 1/10 that skill i would build my X. It will have to wait until i learn the airbrush though. Very very nice Monsieur.

Thanks ZK !

Yeah maybe got a couple of cheap AMT X-Wing to get some practice, I'm not 1% happy with the yellow canopy though, I could redo it someday...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back