Recognize Any Kit Bash Parts from this Lando Blaster?

wuher da brewer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Edit: Revisiting an old thread to see if anyone has any new information on the greeblies dressing this particular blaster. More pictures below.

lando_gun_01.jpg

Last edited:
Adding pics into this thread...
Thanks Brak's!

lando_gun_01.jpg

lando_gun_02.jpg

lando_gun_03.jpg

It seems this prop was made in-house by ILM for ROTJ.
I suspect the parts used come from kits that ILM was known to use during this time period.

The side detailing does look like tank tread, but does not appear to be the same 1/48 Panther tread used on the Thermal Detonator prop.
What other tank or treaded vehicle model might this have come from?

Last edited:
Damn you guys are fast :lol

I wanted to post a new thread myself and what do I see?!!?...

C´mon you model gurus...you KNOW what type of kits the add-on parts are from :thumbsup

Markus

Last edited:
BTW: doesn´t the part UNDER the tank tread look like a part of the "zipper" that can be found in the lower section of the VR mask?

Markus

no, that's part of the track. It's the side that attaches to the mechanism (not the side that goes against the ground).

The front part of the sight reminds me of the barrel of a Ball Pentel, which were pretty ubiquitous at the time:

Detail-klein-R50-1.jpg

Possible?

The muzzle also looks like a pen top (though not from the same pen).

Could be....any other ideasladies and gents?

Like I wrote in the parallel thread over at the RPF main forum...my eyes are already hurting from looking at tank model kits for hours :unsure

It was mentioned that the "teeths" are some special kind of tank treat.
WHICH model could have this?

Markus

Markus

about the tank tread ,it can be the tread of the US Sherman tank that used a extension part to avoid slide on the snow and run well on the mug (used in WWII in the European theater)
but I´m not sure!

It's probably wrong, but the back part of the scope looks almost exactly like one of these travel corkscrews, with a greeblie stuck through the hole and a little piece stuck on the end.

A google image search will reveal dozens of variations, but the size is roughly correct.

pocket_burgundy.jpg

lando_gun_02.jpg

Perhaps, someone might have a go Photoshopping this corkscrew image and the end of the Pentel pen over the above shot of the Lando blaster.

Last edited:
Hey Chaka...good idea, even if the model you posted tapers from the large end to the smaller dia "handle", while the part on Lando´s blasters shows a "step".

Reg. the tank tread:
Thanks guys, I´ll check some more model kits :)
Any idea what scale I should keep my eyes open for????

Markus

Here are some tank models, that looked promising...anybody who has these in his model-kit collection and could check if we´re on the right "tread" ;) ?!

- TAMIYA M26 pershing tank
- German ELEPHANT and FERDINAND tank (!)
- more to come...

Markus

Not on my end Evan.

I don´t have access to these models and only included them in my "watch-list" because of the few pics of built tank-models I found online. The listed models seemed to have the special tread.

Besides of that I don´t think we´ll have much luck tracking down the parts because the Lando blaster isn´t of much interest for most of the prop-builders IMO. Less interest = less attention to this thread = less chance to identify the parts :cry

IT´S SCRATCHBUILDING TIME BABIEEEEEEEEE :lol

Markus

Last edited:
NECRO BUMP :lol

With all the new members and the additional knowledge this community gained over the last years, I´d like to start anyother try to identify the model kit parts :)

Anyone, who can identify the tank model the tread and possibly other parts generate from?

Thanks in advance, Markus

This grafic shows a tread that is pretty similar to the one seen on the Lando blaster. Large "spikes" and all...not sure what model it comes from :unsure

Link_and_length_instructions.jpg

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back