Recasters page on FaceBook

jeez... here we go again :lol
Look, I don't care who recasts what from who especially when it's property of the OFFICIAL rights holders. I'm not defending the actions of these people but it's kinda silly and funny when people say they were ripped off by having an item copied when the original "artist" ripped it off from the rights holders.:lol
Seriously people putting a facebook page is only drawing attention to you from the rights holders. Once they get wind of the people selling items they will start going after the recasters AND the person who selling it "originally" :facepalm

I don't care if an artist makes a prop totally from scratch or copies a screen used prop that was used in a film (Star Trek as an example) let's use a phaser for an example. Joe makes a STIII phaser (cast from a screen used or not) but sells it as a phaser, we all know its a phaser. it gets copied, the "artist" complains "this guy recasted MY kit! In fact it isn't your kit and you in fact ripped off the studios and didn't pay them a dime for selling their property.
So all this "recasters awareness" is only making the studios aware of both parties. Think it about it:behave

Then in time everyone will start complaining there isn't any runs or offerings anymore because stupid actions like this got all the recasters and "artists" C&D'ed

Face it, we all don't like it but there is NOTHING we can do about it except live it and move on but putting a facebook page naming the recaster and the person who they recast from brings attention to the studios to who is selling recasts and who is selling or sold the original..... total bonehead idea people.
Oh, just because the original person is not selling it anymore the studios do have the legal right to request records of previous sales and still come after you.

just saying...

Last edited:
Look, I don't care who recasts what from who especially when it's property of the OFFICIAL rights holders. I'm not defending the actions of these people but it's kinda silly and funny when people say they were ripped off by having an item copied when the original "artist" ripped it off from the rights holders.:lol
Seriously people putting a facebook page is only drawing attention to you from the rights holders. Once they get wind of the people selling items they will start going after the recasters AND the person who selling it "originally" :facepalm

I don't care if an artist makes a prop totally from scratch or copies a screen used prop that was used in a film (Star Trek as an example) let's use a phaser for an example. Joe makes a STIII phaser (cast from a screen used or not) but sells it as a phaser, we all know its a phaser. it gets copied, the "artist" complains "this guy recasted MY kit! In fact it isn't your kit and you in fact ripped off the studios and didn't pay them a dime for selling their property.
So all this "recasters awareness" is only making the studios aware of both parties. Think it about it:behave

Then in time everyone will start complaining there isn't any runs or offerings anymore because stupid actions like this got all the recasters and "artists" C&D'ed

just saying...

WOW, thanks for that.

you guys better take heed of what this guy says!

Sounds like something a recaster would say.......

just saying...

Face it, we all don't like it but there is NOTHING we can do about it except live it and move on but putting a facebook page naming the recaster and the person who they recast from brings attention to the studios to who is selling recasts and who is selling or sold the original..... total bonehead idea people.
Oh, just because the original person is not selling it anymore the studios do have the legal right to request records of previous sales and still come after you.

just saying...

WOW, edited with even more wisdom.............thank you.

Sabermasters, you have come to the wrong place to make those kind of statements.

Your account here wouldn't happen to be a recast account, would it?

sock-puppet.jpg

Coming up on 2 years on this board and only 5 posts? Not one to contribute are you Sabermasters ? Of course the post itself is proof that you don't.

Once they get wind of the people selling items they will start going after the recasters AND the person who selling it "originally"
No more attention than what is drawn here I imagine. If an artist truly feels concerned about exposing themselves in public they can always post proof without making claim to being the original artist.

I just advise caution when calling out recasters to make sure you have your behind covered and have your info straight. This thing could really burn you if someone gets falsely accused.
I trust you are speaking to everyone. Personally I like to buy a copy of my recast work. I have it as proof and am later able to show it in comparison at conventions where I speak of the evils of recasting.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back