Recaster Alert - Final Verdict Page One Post One

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Buckeye_01 @ May 9 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]1241354[/snapback]</div>
I have a feeling you are going to get the ass of this deal. You put in all the hard work, and he takes all the credit. I don't doubt your word in the least, but are his casts the same size as yours? Again, I am sorry to see this happen.
[/b]

He says "Each piece measures in at 5 3/4" square and are made of solid resin" My masters are almost 6 squared so with second gen casting and shrinkage that sounds about right.

A member at SSM PM'ed me that he is a member at a forum called the Clubhouse and so is this guy. I supplied them with all the evidence and they have agreed that the panels he is selling are mine. They are trying to get to the bottom of it on thier end.

My heart goes out to you bro.

How about you put your own posting on ebay and sell them at a lower price and as the original, NOT a copy. and in the description tell lookers to beware of rip off copies.
Howard has seen casts of his beautiful originals done and he now sells on ebay.

Thoughts?

Justa thought.
Best to you.
Tom

Sorry to hear about this. I think the best you can do is notify as many prop makers/collectors forums out there so his business dries up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Wook @ May 9 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]1241362[/snapback]</div>
JDH,

I got my torch and pitchfork ready. :angry

C'mon everybody...let's GET HIM. :angry

The Wook
[/b]

I'm game for slammin this ******* into the weeds.. I've got my vasoliene and straight razor at the ready..

Greg's on the right track -- take it one step at a time... Give the guy the opportunity to pull the auction and the web site entry, and if he declines...

THEN WE BURY HIM..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GuntahKela @ May 9 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]1241499[/snapback]</div>
Any updates?
[/b]

Not yet, but email is giving me fits so it is entirely possible he has emailed me though I am doubting it.

G

Just got this response over at Starship Modeler and Hobby Talk from the guy who runs that webpage:

Hello,

I regret to inform that the person that I have teamed up with to make these models had notified me that they were his originals when he sent the pieces to me for molding. I had a feeling in the back of my mind that they might have belonged to someone or had been created by someone else and my intention was never to rip someone off, as I would not want that to happen to me.
I will take the pieces off of my site and apologize to who ever I need to. I am sorry for any inconvenience that may have occurred and I will be more careful in the future with people that I deal with.
Thank you for letting me know of this situation and I will be correcting it on my end.

And My repsonse:
I would really appreciate you emailing me all the contact information of the person that sold you my tiles claiming they were their own. [/b]

Ball is in his court to now produce his partner.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedipunk @ May 9 2006, 06:33 PM) [snapback]1241595[/snapback]</div>
The Ebay auction is down as well :thumbsup
[/b]

Update post one page one

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jades Dark Heart @ May 9 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]1241620[/snapback]</div>
Update post one page one
[/b]

I hope it works out for you Greg :thumbsup
1 down 1 to go.

"May God have mercy on your soul"?

I appreciate you feel ripped off, and that the guy, in fact, has behaved irresponsibly. But dude.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gokarosama @ May 10 2006, 05:40 AM) [snapback]1241860[/snapback]</div>
"May God have mercy on your soul"?

I appreciate you feel ripped off, and that the guy, in fact, has behaved irresponsibly. But dude.
[/b]

Thou shalt not steal.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back