Real firing pulse rifle?

A pistol is a pistol. The S&W 76 knock offs, and the PsH knock offs, are all legal with the fixed (folded) stock and the short barrel.

The Josh Randall/Zoe lever-action pistol (the cut-down Winchester) is legal with the stump of a stock and the short barrel.

That is, provided that the receiver was never build as a rifle and was instead purpose-built as a pistol. The law sucks, but it isn't that complicated.

Alex

A pistol is a pistol. The S&W 76 knock offs, and the PsH knock offs, are all legal with the fixed (folded) stock and the short barrel.

The Josh Randall/Zoe lever-action pistol (the cut-down Winchester) is legal with the stump of a stock and the short barrel.

That is, provided that the receiver was never build as a rifle and was instead purpose-built as a pistol.
The law sucks, but it isn't that complicated.

Alex

That is a BIG deal, tho'.
How many can machine their own lever-action rifle receiver?
And, I'm pretty sure the stump of a shoulder stock is OK
on the Josh Randall/Zoe lever-action pistol because its a part of the pistol grip itself.
The PR shoulder stock is a separate item and it is still a shoulder stock, just with a short length of pull.
So, I think the SBR classification is still the best way to go as it avoids ALL length and configuration issues.

Mike

Yes, once you SBR it, you can pretty much do anything you want to it short of making it fully automatic because that receiver will forever be registered as an SBR. Better to be safe than sorry I would say. For both weapons.

Killer to be sure. :love

:lol

I have to wait until september to be able to even start the process of buying and converting the base weapons but, like I said, I can still think about other bits and pieces until then.

Speaking of which, does anyone make a steel or aluminum shroud? I know I've seen them before.

I now invoke my powers as a necromancer and bring this thread back from the dead. Did anyone ever get anywhere with this. It seems like an awesome idea

I forgot I started a thread about this. :lol

I've been working on a few early AR-15 replica projects so this has been on the back burner.

Between the Thompson, 870, SPAS 12 cage, sheet metal shrouds, and ATF tax stamps I almost don't want to consider what the final price would be. I might work on aquiring the base guns in the near future and getting things under way. Not like I can't enjoy them seperately until the time comes to join them together. :love

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back