"Ready Room Scale" Stargazer parts ID and build

Yes, I plan on painting it the Desert Yellow variation at some point, as well as the accent colors at various places on the ship. I think I pretty much have all the decals that were used as well.

Thanks for sharing my info over at Fleet Workshop.

Given that you're building with a full-set of accurate parts, and painting it yellow, you might be the first person to recreate the prop as it appeared on the show. So, I hope you take lots of pictures when it's done!

I'm going to withdraw my last ID part that I mentioned for the upper hull. I've been looking at some of the other photos and the part I thought was correct just doesn't match up with the photos. So disregard my post from August 24th. It's not the correct part. I'm sorry to have mislead you all.

Ok, I have a new part ID that I can confirm for the yellow Ready Room model, as I got the model kit the part comes from. The attached photo shows the part circled in red. Two of these parts are used on both sides of the main hull. They come from either of the two following kits: 1. Macross SDF-1 Cruiser-Fortress 1/5000 scale, or, 2. Revell-Ceji Space Fortress SDF-1 1/5000 scale. The part tree number is 7 and the dimensions are 7/32" x 5/32". They are small but they do show in the attached photo.
Constellation Model NCC-7100 07 - Copy.jpg

Keep in mind if you go looking for these kits, there are updated versions that are in 1/4000 scale and are of the movie version. These will not work if you are building the yellow Ready Room model. The parts have been modified and are too big.

There are no other parts from these kits used on the yellow Ready Room model.

I can't believe it's been a year and a half since someone posted to this thread. I will probably get back to working on my Ready Room model soon. It's a long Winter ahead.
I just got my work table back in order and I'm hoping to spend some time during my Christmas break on it. Working on some other stuff first. But this one's always on my mind.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back