Ready Player One (Post-release)

What did you think of Ready Player One?

• Total voters
Man there is some obscure stuff in there prop wise. Artemis is using a Seburo CX Exploder in the club scene.

View attachment 811542

And of course the gun Parsival uses to shoot her is the Battlestar Galactica Colonial Blaster.

And a Silent Running reference? Man.

But the MechaGodzilla that wasnt actually any version of MechaGodzilla was a bit odd.

She also uses The Lawgiver for the Stallone Judge Dredd film in the same scene.

Yeah, Pazival shoots her with the TOS Colonial Blaster. He also uses in the club scene a Lazer Tag StarLyte blaster, which is also shown as being in Art3mis' inventory as one of the weapons that was out of ammo.

The Valley Forge can also be found sitting on the work table for the digital set in Sansar.

And you are right, the Mechagodzilla isn't base on one of the previous ones. But, from what I've read, it borrows design elements from past versions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I finally got around to seeing this and, well... I don't get it. I understand the story, but it wasn't that great. I caught a few of the hidden references, but I feel like that detracts from the story if you spend your time looking for them. Finally, half the film I felt like I was just watching someone else playing a video game which, essentially, I was. I don't feel like it was a complete was of money, but it's not on my list of "must see again" titles.

I've seen this movie 4 times now and I love it!!!!!
Sure, it's not as good as the book and it probably won't win any awards for the script writing or acting (well, maybe one for Mark Rylance), but it totally rocked my inner adolescence!

Being a 40+ male this movie spoke volumes to the younger me, as there were just so many references from my childhood.
From the BTTF DeLorean, the Lazer Tag blaster and “****ing Chucky” to the Pork Chop Express from”Big Trouble in little China” I didn't know where to look at any given time. In one scene we see the Akira cycle jumping over Bigfoot in front of a Delta City poster as the DeLorean (with a K.I.T.T scanner) skids past……….MIND BLOWN!!!!!!!

In the book it mentions that "Halliday's message became the most scrutinized piece of film in history". Well I'm sure that this movie will get many, many hours of scrutiny following its release to the home market and the ability to be able to “freeze frame”.

Whilst it may not be the best movie out there, it certainly woke up my inner child like no other movie ever has.

I've seen this movie 4 times now and I love it!!!!!
Sure, it's not as good as the book and it probably won't win any awards for the script writing or acting (well, maybe one for Mark Rylance), but it totally rocked my inner adolescence!

Being a 40+ male this movie spoke volumes to the younger me, as there were just so many references from my childhood.
From the BTTF DeLorean, the Lazer Tag blaster and “****ing Chucky” to the Pork Chop Express from”Big Trouble in little China” I didn't know where to look at any given time. In one scene we see the Akira cycle jumping over Bigfoot in front of a Delta City poster as the DeLorean (with a K.I.T.T scanner) skids past……….MIND BLOWN!!!!!!!

In the book it mentions that "Halliday's message became the most scrutinized piece of film in history". Well I'm sure that this movie will get many, many hours of scrutiny following its release to the home market and the ability to be able to “freeze frame”.

Whilst it may not be the best movie out there, it certainly woke up my inner child like no other movie ever has.

I know how you mean. I've seen it six times with plans to see it at least one more time in theaters (maybe two if it's still in theaters). This would make RPO the film I've seen the most times in theaters (with the first Jurassic Park following at four times).

And yeah, fans of the film (hopefully if the second novel isn't adapted any time after it's released) will be doing exactly that. Hell, I'm one of the ones who've done analysis on the trailers before the film's release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally watched this the other day and have to say I thought it was a pretty good movie. I don't know if the people who said it wasn't good aren't 40+ and not gamers or what. I think if you hit both of those you can't help but love it. I really liked how they had them scroll through their inventory and pick the item before they used it. Oh and playing "We're Not Gonna Take It" at the final battle was really cool. Oh and the Chucky part was priceless!

So were they implying the Halliday guy
downloaded himself into the game or was some kind of AI?

I just watched it on cable.. and man I will probably buy this on blue ray/4k just to be able to pause it and look around at EVERYTHING! it was a very fun movie, and I laughed quite a bit. 4 thumb's up! (y) (y)(y)(y):cool:

...So were they implying the Halliday guy
downloaded himself into the game or was some kind of AI?

No explicit answer is given in either the book or movie. Though there's something heavily implied in both that the Anorak/Halliday which greets Z at the end is somehow more than any of the other AI's that could be found in the oasis. Whether that's because Halliday was simply the best, and did such a good job designing the character to take his place, that it was more like a real person (essentially creating a new life form within the game), or that he actually spent so much time being the character that a very real part of his soul had been left in the oasis to watch over his world until it could be passed on, is never explained.

I think the important part is that the Halliday Z met knew there was something special about himself, and that Z could see it too; and that it made the "special" Halliday happy that it was Z who was going to be responsible for the Oasis.

Last edited:
I wish there was an option to update your score you give on these type of threads...

This is one of the few movies in recent years that I disliked after seeing it in theaters and have grown to really enjoy over multiple viewings.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back