Re-visiting my build for Vash's longcolt, fixing bad casts and new pictures !

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
I finally started a new build today, after pouring over pictures, screencaps, and everything I could find here on the forum, I started work on Vash the Stampede's longcolt .45 from Trigun. The trigger and hammer will be static, as I'm just not quite confident enough to tackle a working trigger assembly yet. It does however open like the original for reloading ! I plan on attempting to make a grip from wood, then making a simple mold of it and casting a rubber grip for it, I hope it works out like I imagine. I'll keep updating this thread as I make progress !

View attachment 82364

View attachment 82365

Last edited:
Re: Vash's longcolt .45 build in progress !

Great start! I have the original poseidon kit but haven't tackled it yet. Subscribed!
Congrats on that find! any decent kits seem to be hard to come by and with all the recasts out there(and I've seen some really bad ones), I decided to build my own from scratch. Thanks for the comment !

I decided today to scrap this build and move on to version 2.0. I really want to have a working trigger/ hammer assembly and better detail in this gun, so I am starting over with a different plan. I also ordered some stuff from Smooth-on so I can make molds of the parts as I go along and cast them in urethane plastic. I'm really excited about this build and can't wait until I have stuff to show !

Well Trigun was my first anime so I've been obsessed for awhile haha. I want to make a metal version you can break down like the real thing, but I don't have the time to model it up right now. So I creep on other peoples builds lol. I have a whole folder of info on my computer if you need any.

So I have jumped head first into my first foray in mold making and have cast part of the frame along with the trigger and hammer. I made the prototype out of MDF, sanded it smooth, then coated it in shellac. I then made silicone molds so I can build this thing in urethane resin and be able to make copies. I seriously underestimated how much Mold Star I needed, :facepalm so I will be making another trip thursday to my Smooth-On distributor for more so I can make molds of the barrel parts and such.

View attachment 83235

:thumbsup

Great job so far. Wood is always a great prototyping material IMO. Keep it up!

Nice. i'm Obsessed with this anime too. Loved it. I been looking around for the trigun kit but this looks nice. Can't wait until you finish.

(SandMan0077, Are you still working on the cross punisher?)

That project is on hold for the moment. I had to move from my house into a small apartment with very little room for large projects.:cry

aww :( I really wanted to see the project completed.
Would be pretty cool if it was a metal version haha(i think it was in your fourm(first page?) that there was a metal/working version of the cross punisher).

aww :( I really wanted to see the project completed.
Would be pretty cool if it was a metal version haha(i think it was in your fourm(first page?) that there was a metal/working version of the cross punisher).

Yes there was only one metal one made in Japan.

Nice work, dude! I've never watched Trigun, but I've always loved Vash's gun. Also, it's great that you've found a way to make the hammer and trigger functional! Good luck with the rest of the build!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back