Re-make of "Dune"

A
We got ourselves a Piter. I was watching BR2049 the other day and even though he had a tiny role I was thinking that guy looks odd and creepy...haven’t seen any of the Antman movies.

David Dastmalchian reunites with Denis Villeneuve for Dune

Yeah, he's been odd and creepy in a lot of roles so he's perfect for Piter. I remember him way back playing the Jokers "fool" in "The Dark Knight". Another great bit of casting though!!

Yea, who knows, maybe he'll be one of the "Old but young" folks. The book always gave me the impression that the characters that showed age were soldiers; people who had had wearying, physically demanding careers, which is why Thufir (head mentat assasin), Gurney, and Duncan (both soldiers) all kind of looked their age, or were showing signs of age and wear and tear. where Yueh may be old, he never got out in the ****. (same, essentially, for Leto, his father before him, the emperor, etc)

Think Laurence fishburne would be a good emperor...

He could certainly play the role, especially if they were going to gloss over the whole "close family resemblance" between the Imperial line and the Atreides, which they likely would in a film adaptation. There's just no room in the run time to hammer it home, and go into how much dicking over his relatives hurt the emperor's feelings/pride.

Didn't think of the resemblance thing..not read the book for years..he's got the acting chops for the part for sure..is anyone in the pipe for this role ?

Didn't think of the resemblance thing..not read the book for years..he's got the acting chops for the part for sure..is anyone in the pipe for this role ?
Not yet, I'd be really curious about the Emperor and Thufir Hawat. Also no Fey-Rautha and Kynes yet.

I didn't remember it was a thing until I'd been through the book; so I don't think the original film, or any of the mini series' touched on it at all. Which would mean the general public doesn't know, nor care, about it being included in this film. I'd rather an actor that could play a convincing Emperor be picked, and skip the family ties sub plot, than have them find some "ok" guy that's skinny with black hair.

hmmmm, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lanister) for emperor? He's not young, but he doesn't look aged. He's an imposing figure without being large. He has the eyes to be believed as cunning and sly. and he can do overt intimidation while being polite and courteous.

Yes I do believe he would do...

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lanister) for emperor?
Intriguing idea, but I think the casting for Shaddam should start and end with Charles Dance. He's a little too old for Shaddam in the books, but come on, man.

The latest addition to the cast is Stephen Henderson. I'm interested to see who he's playing. I'd say Thufir or maybe Fenring. I'm also seeing him as Soo-Soo, the water seller. He's pudgy, looks like he could play basically a slum lord. This would also mean they'd have some version of the banquet scene, which could be fun.

When casting for Kynes, I'd expect to see a black actor. Zendaya, the actress, is biracial. Chani's mother was Javier Bardem (Stilgar)'s sister, so she's white. This would lead one to believe that Chani's father was black. Idris Elba?

I really can't wait until we get some concept art or set pictures. Apart from the cast, the 3 things that will make or break this movie for me are the worms, the stillsuits (with masks and hoods and cloaks), and the blue-in-blue eyes. If they can make me believe these things, I'm in wholeheartedly.

Last edited:
Hans Zimmer to score. Most people probably are happy but I’m not too big on him. I knew Frank Klepacki won’t happen but it would have been really cool. Then again I really can’t think of anyone else than Zimmer unless Vangelis is still up for scoring movies.

nah, it'll be a middle aged, nerdy guy. elba doesn't fill the bill, and freeman just has too many years under his belt. They could pick anyone really. I imagine most of the fremen actors will be sporting heavy tans from living in the desert. What's her name will just fit right in.

While on being faithful to the book, I like Dave B. But hope they don't give him RED hair..a red chin beard OK , but not hair..beard & shaved head I think ! ! Nothing against red heads, but this character is evil , so a harder look would suit ..

While on being faithful to the book, I like Dave B. But hope they don't give him RED hair..a red chin beard OK , but not hair..beard & shaved head I think ! ! Nothing against red heads, but this character is evil , so a harder look would suit ..
What? Everyone in House Harkonnen has to have bright red hair. Even their soldiers, doctors, officers and janitors!!! :lol:
I really do wonder who Stephen Henderson would play. Hope not Thufir, he should be really hardened and fighter-type despite his age.

I think Mike Shannon would be great in Dune , I liked in man of steel, the Krypton scenes, and thought they looked very Duneish..the rest of that movie was not so good as those parts..I would have liked him in some of the parts already cast..

Looks like we've got another big star coming to the cast.

_20190324_173234.JPG

Method actors are weird.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back