Re-make of "Dune"

KINDLE_CAMERA_1546706256000.jpg
KINDLE_CAMERA_1546706256000.jpg KINDLE_CAMERA_1546706256000.jpg I'd like if the guns in Dune reflected a bit of historic flavour..like this..it's a Blaster I made up from scrap bits .. could be a personal laser pistol ..

honestly, I'd be completely fine with Piter being played by Brad Dourif again. Or if the age matters too much, move him over to Thufir Hawat

Hey man, health and long life are the gifts of the spice :p

...and that character was definitely having enough of it to get both of those.

Who is Jessica ? Have they cast it ?
5 cast members are confirmed, they’re listed on the imdb page:
Dune - IMDb

View attachment 978913 View attachment 978913 View attachment 978913 I'd like if the guns in Dune reflected a bit of historic flavour..like this..it's a Blaster I made up from scrap bits .. could be a personal laser pistol ..
I like it. Dune is something I wouldn’t go for the Chris Foss-type logical and realistic production design, in my mind it’s an extremely unique world where a specific style is palpable. That’s another aspect I think the Lynch movie got right.

Does the original book ever bother to go into detailed descriptions of the technology like the military equipment?

No, because due to shields technology there’s not really such a thing as classic warfare. It’s mostly infantry with swords and melee weapons due to only slow objects being able to penetrate shields. Wars are really called wars of assasins because it’s mostly about killing the head of a noble House. The Emperor’s Sardaukars are pretty much the only war force that’s mentioned. Use of atomic weapons is forbidden, although here n there they appear. There are laser guns but if a laser hits shields it causes basically a nuclear explosion. There’s some odd weapons like a needle gun that shoots projectile that slows down when hits shield so it cam penetrate it. That’s pretty much it.
There’s a bit where the Harkonnen use cannons or mortars to collapse caves where the Atreides soldiers retreated into and the Baron remarks the irony of using such ancient technology and later says they need to melt the cannons down to make use of the metal because they’re really useless for anything else.

Last edited:
While we're on the topic
5 cast members are confirmed, they’re listed on the imdb page:
Dune - IMDb

I like it. Dune is something I wouldn’t go for the Chris Foss-type logical and realistic production design, in my mind it’s an extremely unique world where a specific style is palpable. That’s another aspect I think the Lynch movie got right.

No, because due to shields technology there’s not really such a thing as classic warfare. It’s mostly infantry with swords and melee weapons due to only slow objects being able to penetrate shields. Wars are really called wars of assasins because it’s mostly about killing the head of a noble House. The Emperor’s Sardaukars are pretty much the only war force that’s mentioned. There’s a bit where the Harkonnen use cannons or mortars to collapse caves where the Atreides soldiers retreated into and the Baron remarks the irony of using such ancient technology and later says they need to melt the cannons down to make use of the metal because they’re really useless for anything else.

of casting, another member announced

https://io9.gizmodo.com/dune-adds-acting-legend-charlotte-rampling-to-its-ever-1831786408

PS: I'd love Viggo Mortensen as either Stilgar or Duke Leto...

No, I'd just like to see the Foss stuff but maybe extract from it ..laser guns are mentioned as las guns but not used that much..I think the Kripton stuff in man of steel owes a nod to Dune and the tech was the best thing in the movie ..W H Macy for Hawat..

Michael Shannon as the Duke .. Eric Cantona for Gurney ..I'm not sure about the guy that's been cast as Paul..he looks a bit snowflake..

Zendaya is about the most perfect choice for Chani I can think of. And Oscar does really look like he could be the father of Paul . I agree with you, so far the casting is way better than I could have hoped for.

I can't wait for this. I'm really hoping that I can convince my SO to watch this one as it has been a no go on the original.

This is shaping up really nicely! Hopefully it will soon get into production and be with us sometime in 2020 or 2021.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back