Rare Bttf Marty Mcfly Aiwa HS-PO2MKII walkman "SCORE"

Re: Just scored a rare bttf marty aiwa walkman "Looking for accurate cassette tape"

Here is a lightened version:

Re: Just scored a rare bttf marty aiwa walkman "Looking for accurate cassette tape"

The closet I could find in my old cassettes was a TDK cassette.

Wolf

It looks like one of these tapes. I bought my Aiwa cassette player, back in 1985 with a Krups Coffee Grinder from Adray's at the same time.

maxell_cassette_zps7af4d164.jpg

~Ron

That;s the closet I could find as well. Although it looks like they sharpied the bottom part shut.

Yeah looks like thats the tape indeed.Thanks for all the help guys :thumbsup

Here's what one poster on youtube said:

This is not "Donut City".
This song was actually used in the film "The Wild Life" in 1984 a year before BTTF came out.
It was used in the scene when "Tommy" Chris Penn falls off his girlfriends roof.
Eddie scored the whole film and this is just one cue.

The poster could be wrong though. I think Donut City has a backwards solo. Maybe when it's flipped it sounds like the Silence Earthling part...?

Last edited:

Great score Mike :thumbsup.

That piece of track was not titled Donut City, but was indeed featured in the movie The Wild Life. I had linked to that scene last year in this thread, but it has been pulled off from YouTube since then.

Was the video I posted not right? Did I post the wrong one?
You posted the correct one. There was no video footage in that, but the audio in that video is indeed the same correct one which was taken from the original video posted by Mike and myself (last year). It's just that the track is not called Donut City.

Donut City is another song also released on the soundtrack for The Wild Life.

my bad flux I didn't click on your link I just seen you wrote Donut City.

Ok, I wondered if I posted the wrong video. If anyone doesn't know you can save that song from a YouTube video using www.keepvid.com . My Aiwa is the HS-....crap I don't remember now. It's the same blue lettered face but I don't have a belt clip for it and it doesn't work.

My Aiwa is the HS-....crap I don't remember now. It's the same blue lettered face
It's Aiwa HS-P07.

Back to the Future - BTTF.com
Few years back on the above BTTF.com thread I had listed all the different Aiwa models which are closer to Marty's walkman (Scroll down to July 19, 2008). The text formatting on that forum is all messed now though.

I don't know how you do that but yes that's it. You truly are the human equivalent of a BTTF computer.
Ha..thanks :). I try my best, but yeah some of the details are pretty much ingrained in the brain now :lol.

Hey guys I just got my Aiwa in hand and it is FLAWLESS :eek.The guy really didn't say how great of condition it was in,I really was like WOW.This is gonna go great on display.Here's a bunch of pics I took.Literally a few tiny scratches that's all.I'm really amazed how this can be in that great of condition for being over 25 years old.I know you guys are wondering if it works and the answer is partially.The lights go on and the unit powers up but there is no spin coming from the rotater mechanisms which would make the tape spin and play.I'm thinking it's just the belt that needs to be replaced but we shall see.If it never works I'm still ok with that due to the condition being pristine.Who listens to walkmans anyway but it would be nice to have it work also.

Anyway on to the pics :love

That's awesome and it's rare to get these in such pristine condition without any major scratches. On to the headphones.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back