Ralph Breaks the Internet (Post-release)

What did you think of Ralph Breaks the Internet?

• It was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Some reviewers complained about the Internet jokes being a little dated. I thought it was appropriate in that it likely takes place around 1999-2000 since the arcade manager uses an early Bondi Blue iMac and the router looks like a first generation Linksys.

I had saw that Wreck it Ralph 2 was coming out sometime this year, saw the first trailer a while ago. So I thought it came out earlier this year.
So now I see this Ralph Breaks the Internet. I'm like, they already made another movie??? As in 3rd one....
Guess this WAS the 2nd one, I'd just not heard the title part and didn't know when it was coming out. Oops...haha

It was OK. The first one was way better, but if you really liked the first one, you'll probably like this one too.

The two post credit scenes were both worth staying for.

The first one was better- story wise but this was good popcorn fun as well, my daughter loved all the princesses together and some of the internet jokes were very deep cuts that would catch attention of frequent forum goers and early social media adopters but we over every ones heads.

OMG the princess scenes were SOOO good! But then I knew that was coming cuz it was in the trailer.

I haven't seen the first one, and yet still loved this one. After the film i said to Hubby: "When we get home, we're watching the first one!"

The first one was better- story wise but this was good popcorn fun as well, my daughter loved all the princesses together and some of the internet jokes were very deep cuts that would catch attention of frequent forum goers and early social media adopters but we over every ones heads.
I saw it and really enjoyed it, but I had to go to the bathroom and I was wondering what I missed. Im kinda thinking I missed some of these old jokes, do you happen to remember some?

I’m so glad there was much more of the princesses than what was in the trailers. It was so cool when they whipped out their weapons. I could make out:
Mulan - Tai Chi sword - and she’s even doing a Tai Chi pose.
Merida - bow, of course
Pocahontas- that really mean-looking club
Rapunzel - frying pan
Elsa - powers, of course
Anna - has her dukes up
Moana - swingin’ that oar
Snow White - hurling a poisoned apple (?) - reminds me of Green Goblin
Jasmine - wielding her lamp

When they dressed casual I couldn’t catch all the shirt slogans. This is what I remember:
Elsa - “Just Let It Go” - in the Nike style
Moana - “Shiny” with a hermit crab drawing
Merida - “Mum” with a bear drawing
Mulan - was just in fashionable silk with dragon embroidery
... I’m blanking on the others

Last edited:
I saw it and really enjoyed it, but I had to go to the bathroom and I was wondering what I missed. Im kinda thinking I missed some of these old jokes, do you happen to remember some?

Off the top of my head - at one point he is in a internet junkyard and you see sites like Geocities laying around

there is a big sign they walk past that says "I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER"

pretty sure I spotted Pedo bear at one point

Teh - in place of the word The happens often

and when they go to the dark net their was a sign for Reditcards

there is a 24 hour Photoshop next to the knowsmore building

I’m so glad there was much more of the princesses than what was in the trailers. It was so cool when they whipped out their weapons. I could make out:
Mulan - Tai Chi sword - and she’s even doing the proper stance.
Merida - bow, of course
Pocahontas- that really mean-looking club
Rapunzel - frying pan
Elsa - powers, of course
Anna - has her dukes up
Moana - swingin’ that oar
Snow White - hurling a poisoned apple (?) - reminds me of Green Goblin
Jasmine - wielding her lamp

When they dressed casual I couldn’t catch all the shirt slogans. This is what I remember:
Elsa - “Just Let It Go” - in the Nike style
Moana - “Shiny” with a hermit crab drawing
Merida - “Mum” with a bear drawing
Mulan - was just in fashionable silk with dragon embroidery
... I’m blanking on the others

Sleeping beauty had "Nap Queen"

Took my 4 year old daughter to see it yesterday. It was cute. But more importantly she loved it and I loved spending the time with her.

Overall, it was fun but I though the first film was GREAT. This sequel was OK.
OK, minor spoilers below...

...Disney Princess stuff was good, and very funny (especially at the end when they "rescue" Ralph)
...Really no additional classic arcade game mascots / characters in this one.
...Majority of the film takes place on the 'net, so lots of jabs at popular locals (ebay, Amazon, Youtube, etc)
..No King Candy return or reference, although "The Man" Alan Tudyk (King Candy/Turbo in the original film) does voice Knowsmore here.
...NO MARIO/ LUIGI references that I could see. There was a Mario reference in the first film, I though for sure Disney would work with Nintendo to have a cameo here. But no.
...They say the word "butt" as in buttocks, ALL THE TIME.
...Felix and Calhoun feel shoehorned in. Being such major characters in the first film, they have hardly any real role here.
...My favorite line: "She's from the other studio"

It is one of those movies that I will wait until it is available via a streaming service. I did not really enjoy the first movie, though, it was okay but not great.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back