Raiders of the Lost Ark Nazi Puppet

luke moonwalker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I saw this one on Screenused recently... it's one of the Nazi puppets that gets sucked up in flames at the end of Raiders. It was just a modified Han Solo 12" figure...

4783_1.jpg

4783_7.jpg

4783_12.jpg

I had initially thought I would pick up a cheap 12" Han and some German 1:6 clothes and display it as the "unburned" version... After trying several different Afrika Corps uniforms and vintage GI JOE tan clothes, it just didn't look right. More like any old action figure and less like a prop. Granted I hadn't painted the head yet.

I decided to go to town and rip the arms off, mod the legs and head, and burn the sucker... MUCH BETTER! Here is the first pass,

image.aspx

image.aspx

image.aspx

I got a little overzealous with the flame on the chest, but have another "parts doll" to donate another if it's too much. I have to go over the body again to darken it up some more, paint the head and torch it, and bend the legs in a little. I've also got some more accurate cloth to try and work with as well. For the action figure collectors out there who are cringing... don't worry, I used a Han whose head was already not staying on, and was missing accessories. "No Minty figs were harmed in the making of this replica" :) Whatcha think?

-Jay

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back