Raiders font / movie slate - done

Try these websites:

This one is somewhat close:
It's based on this one from the 1930s:

Looks great! Where did you find the clapboard? Or did you make it? I’ve been looking for a vintage one like that but haven’t found one yet.

A thin paper with the text is applied on the board, than matt varnish. The weathering of the clapper comes after this.

Do you mean the entire face of the clapboard (black background, white text, lines, etc) are all just printed on a piece of paper then glued to the front of the board? This is an amazing project and a great idea!

I absolutely love it! Great project.
There were at least 3 clap boards used for Raiders - are you planning on doing any more?

Even though I'm pretty much strictly just a Raiders guy my favorite clapboard has to be Jaws. So original

Thank you Magnoli. One must be creative :)
I used more or less the same technique on the Raiders wardrobe test board and the Shawshank Redemption clapper
Next project will be the Alien and Aliens clapboards (lots of weathering to work on! )

Raiders wardrobe test board:

raiders wardrobe test board.jpg

Shawshank Redemption slate:

SR SLATE.jpgSR SLATE2.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back