Raiders font / movie slate - done

I absolutely love it! Great project.
There were at least 3 clap boards used for Raiders - are you planning on doing any more?

Even though I'm pretty much strictly just a Raiders guy my favorite clapboard has to be Jaws. So original

Thank you agent5.
I searched for all the boards I could find but decided for the one with Spielberg's name on it and not the other units (Marshall and Moore)

CLAPPER_1.jpgCLAPPER_2.jpg

As for the Jaws slate I absolutely agree with you - so original
I tried to replicate it several years ago (now that you mention this I have to improve it a bit)

Jaws slates:

JAWS CLAPPER.jpgJAWS CLAPPER_3.jpg

The board I made:

JAWS CLAPPER_2.jpg

Inspired by your great build, I decided to add a Raiders clapper to my studio.

I based it on a picture that I got - for some reason - in amongst a bunch of Indy Reference pic's I received from Lucasfilm some time ago.
It's not identical because I chickened out when it came to painting the words "Cameraman" and "Director". By that time I was thoroughly tired of painting letters.

Thanks for a terrific idea.

Mark
Small001.jpgSmall002.jpg

THE Mark Raats inspired by my build !!! You leave me speechless, mate !
So glad I could give you an idea for a project. I've been an admirer of your work for many years so I'm flattered.
I love the traditional way you do your works (like Struzen, Amsel or Kastel, just to name a few). I'm very sorry that nowadays movie posters are no longer made that way…
Your slate looks fantastic and I'm sure you'll get back to it and find a way to paint the missing letters ;)

THE Mark Raats inspired by my build !!! You leave me speechless, mate !
So glad I could give you an idea for a project. I've been an admirer of your work for many years so I'm flattered.
I love the traditional way you do your works (like Struzen, Amsel or Kastel, just to name a few). I'm very sorry that nowadays movie posters are no longer made that way…
Your slate looks fantastic and I'm sure you'll get back to it and find a way to paint the missing letters ;)

LOL, MAKE BELIEVE I never ignore brilliant ideas and what you did was downright perfect.
Thank you for your kind words re my art and on the clapper. I'll definitely return to it one of these days.

All the best and thanks again
MARK

Coincidentally, I just saw some behind the scenes photos and this same style clapboard was used in both Superman (1978) and ESB! Might have to make some more... ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back