Raiders fans..look what was just unearthed in Tunisia! Can we find it in the film??

hankey01

Sr Member
A friend just returned from another visit to Tunisia and he found this!

Anyone with a HD version of Raiders and an eye for detail able to find it in the film?

Edit..I found it (see post #5). Well I found occurrences OF the kneeling guy, the sun, and the '7' behind him. My thoughts are this piece (which is FOUR FEET long) may have been used in the box they built then covered in sand for the Well of Souls' exterior shots.

EDIT #2. I FOUND THE WHOLE THING! See by the lower crocodile jaw in the last 2 pics.

Last edited:
Re: Raiders fans..look what was just unearthed in Tunisia! Can we find it in the film

Send me six to seven castings of it and I'll get right on it.

Seriously, great find.

Re: Raiders fans..look what was just unearthed in Tunisia! Can we find it in the film

What an incredible find!

I guess Brandon did'nt scavange as hard as i thought he did. :lol

That is beyond awesome! Great find!

Look what I found. Similar instances of this piece (at least the kneeling guy)! Now this scene was filmed in Elstree I believe..so I'm not sure if they had similar pieces or set in Tunisia, but the kneeling guy and the '7' behind him shows up a few times here.

Anyone have this shot in HD or able to photoshop the recently unearthed piece onto this one for comparison?

Last edited:

This is rough, but looks like your friend made a great find!

raiders_panel.gif

:eek That looks to be the same part, great detective work, Westies! Amazing find!

It's clearly a different section of paneling, with the column on the left and the helix on the right in the screen grab, but the sitting man, the sun, and the tetris piece look extremely similar. They may have been cut/cast from the same template for this section.

Yes..I am thinking this existed in the box they built then covered in sand for the Well of Souls' exterior shots. I'd love to find some production pictures of that..or watch the film in HD to see if any parts are visible from above the hole.

I found the whole thing...see post #1..last2 pictures.

Yeah, looking up at the hole is Elstree. But you're right, they had to build a hole in Tunisia for the daylight exteriors.
What a find!

Evidently your friend was digging in just the right place!

Well done that's amazing :thumbsup

Is it something he could transport back from Tunisia?

That is very, very cool.

But...I want more details on your friend's trip: how he got to the site, who took him there, etc. And more importantly, I want pictures showing the site, with some visible landmarks.

I mean, how do we know that's not your back yard? :)

You can tell it's not my back yard..because there is no snow in the picture. ;)

Several pictures from his trip on his facebook page..

Facebook

Evidently your friend was digging in just the right place!...

Yeah his staff was obviously the right length :lol

Great find thanks for sharing!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back