Prop Store

Raiders fans..look what was just unearthed in Tunisia! Can we find it in the film??

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by hankey01, Nov 4, 2011.

1. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

A friend just returned from another visit to Tunisia and he found this!

Anyone with a HD version of Raiders and an eye for detail able to find it in the film?

Edit..I found it (see post #5). Well I found occurrences OF the kneeling guy, the sun, and the '7' behind him. My thoughts are this piece (which is FOUR FEET long) may have been used in the box they built then covered in sand for the Well of Souls' exterior shots.

EDIT #2. I FOUND THE WHOLE THING! See by the lower crocodile jaw in the last 2 pics.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
    robn1 likes this.
  2. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Well-Known Member

Re: Raiders fans..look what was just unearthed in Tunisia! Can we find it in the film

Send me six to seven castings of it and I'll get right on it.

Seriously, great find.

3. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Raiders fans..look what was just unearthed in Tunisia! Can we find it in the film

What an incredible find!

I guess Brandon did'nt scavange as hard as i thought he did. :lol

4. KorrickUSCM

KorrickUSCM Active Member

That is beyond awesome! Great find!

5. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

Look what I found. Similar instances of this piece (at least the kneeling guy)! Now this scene was filmed in Elstree I believe..so I'm not sure if they had similar pieces or set in Tunisia, but the kneeling guy and the '7' behind him shows up a few times here.

Anyone have this shot in HD or able to photoshop the recently unearthed piece onto this one for comparison?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  6. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

This is rough, but looks like your friend made a great find!

[​IMG]

7. RoCKo

RoCKo Sr Member

:eek That looks to be the same part, great detective work, Westies! Amazing find!

8. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

Thanks Westies! Great work!

9. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

It's clearly a different section of paneling, with the column on the left and the helix on the right in the screen grab, but the sitting man, the sun, and the tetris piece look extremely similar. They may have been cut/cast from the same template for this section.

10. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

Yes..I am thinking this existed in the box they built then covered in sand for the Well of Souls' exterior shots. I'd love to find some production pictures of that..or watch the film in HD to see if any parts are visible from above the hole.

11. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

I found the whole thing...see post #1..last2 pictures.

12. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah, looking up at the hole is Elstree. But you're right, they had to build a hole in Tunisia for the daylight exteriors.
    What a find!

13. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

Now that is a prop! Incredible

14. Larry Young

Larry Young Master Member

It belongs in a museum!

15. gonk27

gonk27 Sr Member

Evidently your friend was digging in just the right place!

Well done that's amazing :thumbsup

voice in the crowd likes this.
  16. yodakiller1138

yodakiller1138 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is it something he could transport back from Tunisia?

17. MFP 2020

MFP 2020 Sr Member

That is very, very cool.

But...I want more details on your friend's trip: how he got to the site, who took him there, etc. And more importantly, I want pictures showing the site, with some visible landmarks.

I mean, how do we know that's not your back yard? :)

18. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

You can tell it's not my back yard..because there is no snow in the picture. ;)

Several pictures from his trip on his facebook page..

Facebook

19. robn1

robn1 Master Member

Yeah his staff was obviously the right length :lol

Great find thanks for sharing!