Radios used in "The Rocketeer"

Dosnt Peevy use a radio in a scene when he begins to construct the helmet as well? It always appeared that he was taking a saw to one that resembled the final helmet

I would assume the radio case Peevy starts sawing on was made for the movie since, if I remember correctly, it has decorative detailing reminiscent of the sides of the finished helmet.

hmmm, not sure if it was a radio that was modified to be the helmet. I believe it was some type of heater. Maybe a gas or water heater.

I think I read somewhere as well in an interview that it was a heater.

Eh, Maybe, theres never really a clear shot of it. The most I can get from it is that it's about the size or a larger than a radio, and I can see some type of metal plate that appears to be the company's tag or something like it..

hmmm, not sure if it was a radio that was modified to be the helmet. I believe it was some type of heater. Maybe a gas or water heater.

I think I read somewhere as well in an interview that it was a heater.

Radio was a good guess, but must have been mettalic to turn into the mettalic helmet. Nearly all console radios back then seem to have cases made of wood or bakelite (plastic). Sure looks like a heater. Cant's see any obvious knobs or dials. Wonder what the script says. These shots turn up around the 29 minute mark on the DVD.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back