R.I.P. Kenny Rogers

0neiros

Master Member
81 years old of natural causes not the virus. the man was beyond a legend. I know most of the words to most of his hit songs. thank you for the music Kenny. look up the quick one minute tribute Dolly Parton did for him, it’s on TMZ. when she’s barely holding it together it started making me barely hold it together.

My childhood was filled with stacks of Kenny Rogers 8-track tapes. His duets with Dottie West were my dad's absolute favorite songs. It sounds a bit cliche, & it probably wasn't appropriate, but I remember at 8 or 9 years old, riding with my parents & asking then to explain what lines in songs meant. I grew up hating Ruby & Lucille. Lol

RIP, brother.

Yikes!

Dont really consider myself a 'country' fan... but who doesnt know and like some of Kenny Rodgers' songs!!

Another end of an era! :(

Sad.. good thing he left us with music to sing along and bop our heads to....

Usagi Pilgrim wrote “

Usagi Pilgrim wrote. “My childhood was filled with stacks of Kenny Rogers 8-track tapes. His duets with Dottie West were my dad's absolute favorite songs. It sounds a bit cliche, & it probably wasn't appropriate, but I remember at 8 or 9 years old, riding with my parents & asking then to explain what lines in songs meant. I grew up hating Ruby & Lucille. Lol”

Don’t forget Morganna Jones. When I was young there was an old abandoned orchard where I used to go play and one day I found a bag with bunches of cassette tape’s (remember those), and there were about five or six Kenny Rogers tapes I listened to those over and over again for a long time, along with Billy Joel‘s 52nd St. but I remember the song Morganna Jones I thought it was pretty disturbing at the time.

Last edited:
Remember the late 80’s, early 90’s when he had the Kenny Rogers Roasters Chicken restaurants? Good chicken, kind of pricey but good. The Seinfeld episode was classic.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back