R.I.P. Pee Wee Herman

<<<<< Maybe it's time I change my avatar...
To what? This?
Screenshot_20230731-170019.jpg

...Also, I find this wonderful closure to Pee Wee's Big Adventure. For those that DON'T know the film (SPOILERS AHEAD), Pee Wee's beloved bicycle is stolen, and a fortune teller informs him he will find it in the basement at the Alamo. So Pee Wee has a wild trip out to Texas, tours the Alamo, only to be laughed at and derided when he's told "there's no basement at the Alamo!"

...but DECADES later, Pee Wee got his big chance!

Sadly, the Alamo Marketing Dept. did not think to get a replica of his bicycle to surprise him with, sitting in the basement.

RIP Pee Wee.

Last edited:
Ever since I was a kid Tequila was intrinsically tied to PeeWee Herman and it always will be. Man, even now, the end of that sequence with him hitting the sign just makes me laugh so hard. It's pure comedy gold!

If you get the chance to see the PeeWee's Big Holiday from a couple of years ago, man it was so sweet, sincere, and funny. To me it really captured the character who at his heart is just a kind person. Silly, heartfelt. It was great! Man, what a shame he's gone. We'll miss you, Paul! :(

July 1991, Paul had a particularly bad day. Per an undercover detective, Paul was caught exposing himself while in an adult theater in Sarasota , Florida. He had a goatee and long hair and initially the police did not recognize him as the actor who portrayed Pee Wee. As there was no digital social media at the time, the event was covered in the printed press and on TV. Needless to say, he was the butt of countless jokes and derision. Although Pee-Wee's Playhouse had been off the air for a few years, there were still toys available; Toy-R-Us pulled all Pee-Wee merchandise off their shelves after the 1991 arrest.

Everyone though his career was over. Until later that year....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back