R.I.P.D. (Post-release)

I watched the trailer the other day and it looks okay. I wouldn't mind adding an RIPD badge or badge patch to my collection.

With everyone talking about how this looks like a MIB rip off I got a thought. Have MIB and R.I.P.D. crossover. Just something that made me giggle a little bit. :lol

Saw the trailer hen I saw Oblivion today. Looks like a turd. Like they're trying to create a paranormal/undead version of MIB.
I'll see it... when it hits Redbox.

It was an alright movie. It had a few good laughs and the banter between Reynolds and Bridges was probably the best part of the movie. The entire thing just played at Mach 2 and it was pretty cheesy.

Honestly, this was more a rental for me.

It was Fun enough for me to forgive the flaws or bad jokes. Laughed at another movie were Ryan Reynolds starts out with a girl in panties on his bed. They could have came up with a better name then "Deado's" for the escaped souls... Also I think there was a ghostbusters nod when they had to climb the long amount of stairs.

I saw it today and I really liked it. Did have a bit of a MIB feel but not to much. I gotta say I want one of those guns.

I'm with you on if they let some props out for sale, those would be neat to maybe grab. The bullets might even have some LED lights in them, the one's that weren't CG.

Last edited:
Got to see this for free over the weekend, thank god because I would've been pissed if I paid. Felt like a MIB ripoff but was very lacking in the chemistry department, not a lot of funny moments either. It's barely a rental.

to me it was MiB meets Ghostbusters and a lot of fun. KB and RR were solid, but Jeff Bridges Pwned them in every scene. The whole bit about the Coyote and his skull just killed me.

I liked it but it was too short. They should have done the following:

- Started the movie showing some of the financial hardship Ryan Reynolds character had and the initial bust finding the gold.

- Dropped the whole voice over stuff at the beginning. Makes no sense why movies do this only to have the star not telling a story at the end. The only movie recently who hasn't forgotten the story part was IM3.

- Thrown a bit more in there about Roy's service in RIPD. Maybe shown some past partner flashbacks or something

I liked it but it was too short. They should have done the following:

- Started the movie showing some of the financial hardship Ryan Reynolds character had and the initial bust finding the gold.

- Dropped the whole voice over stuff at the beginning. Makes no sense why movies do this only to have the star not telling a story at the end. The only movie recently who hasn't forgotten the story part was IM3.

- Thrown a bit more in there about Roy's service in RIPD. Maybe shown some past partner flashbacks or something

Agreed.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back