Quick Question, best way to adhesive pep/fiberglass/resin product to elastic band?

Rahksi

Hey guys, quick question, so I just made this:

11146618_10203816486245171_6570622598613700478_n.jpg

And I'm pretty happy with what came out, but the overall piece is too heavy to stay on my head with no support. I need to add an elastic band on the back to help out. Hot glue didn't work too well, or super glue. I have a two part epoxy that says it's made for plastic but haven't tried it yet. What would you guys suggest? I can't find any solid results online/the search bar. Thank you!!

Re: Quick Question, best way to adhesive pep/fiberglass/resin product to elastic band

If you have used fiberglass, then mix a small bit of resin, lay down the eleastic on the inside and run the resin over that. It will bond to the existing resin and soak into the elastic effectively what I like to call "biting in" to the fabric. Once embedded, it won't ever come out. The part you must be careful with it to keep the resin off any parts you don't want going hard which will be the strap that goes around your head. Are you making the strap adjustable or just an elastic loop?

Re: Quick Question, best way to adhesive pep/fiberglass/resin product to elastic band

Thank you. I'm planning on just an elastic loop.

Also, will it matter if I painted over the fiberglass/resin?

- - - Updated - - -

If you have used fiberglass, then mix a small bit of resin, lay down the eleastic on the inside and run the resin over that. It will bond to the existing resin and soak into the elastic effectively what I like to call "biting in" to the fabric. Once embedded, it won't ever come out. The part you must be careful with it to keep the resin off any parts you don't want going hard which will be the strap that goes around your head. Are you making the strap adjustable or just an elastic loop?

Thank you, I'm planning on just an elastic loop. Probable stupid question, but does it matter that I've painted over the fiberglass/resin?

You should be fine to paint over when done.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back